Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plug my Android (Sony Xperia) phone in by USB and it starts charging and shows a USB icon on the phone (connected with MTP), and the car sees it as an input in the Media menu. However the Mini Connected app says "no active connection". Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
30 Posts
So this problem doesn't seem to exist only on iOS. I wonder if it's an issue with something from the backend of the app... However, I remember my iPhone with the Journey Mate XL app connecting to my MINI with no problem even without data reception. Really perplexed with this.

Because built-in navis never have the most up to date POI database, JM XL is so useful to me in finding them through my phone and sending them to my car. I also like being able to plan my trip, get in my car, plug my phone and the directions load up to my car.

Don't even get me started with the convenience of navigating Spotify.

Hope a fix, whether from MINI, Apple, or Alphabet arrives soon!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Marshmallow 6.0.1 upgrade just been made available for the Xperia Z3c so I thought I'd give it a go and see how Mini Connected performs.

Factory reset the phone first to clear down any of my rubbish, then upgraded, and factory reset again.

Installed apps inc Connected and Journeymate XL. Started these up (and registered) to ensure working before connecting to car.

Removed phone Bluetooth profile in car, re-added and checked phone connection (contacts, calls, audio, etc) working OK

Reconnected phone to USB socket - Mini Connected starts automatically on phone and all functions available on car display. Disconnected USB, added a destination to Journeymate, reconnected USB and trip list was updated in car Journeymate.

Sorry the above is a bit long, but hopefully others can benefit from it. I'll carry on playing over the next week or so and report back if any issues arise.

(just to confirm versions:
Phone - Xperia Z3c compact
Android - 6.0.1
Mini Connected app - 1.1.3 (row_160214_449)
Journeymate app - PROD_ROW 1546: 2.0.0.1013
Mini software update - UPD5073 (Media XL = MN-002.255.071, TN-002.255.070)
)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.