Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for my fellow Aussies out there.

I know we currently do not get the MINI Connected App.

I've noticed recently that there is now a BMW Connected app in the Aust Apple App Store and MINI are advertising the MINI Connected functionality on the Australian website.

Could this mean that we will be getting the app? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi, No unfortunately, it will not be available. The only information I've been told is that they will possibly introduce it next year, but that it will require a hardware change to enable Mini Connected....
The Australian Mini Site is very misleading.. I've told my dealer a number of times to pass the info on yet they still seem to be falsely advertising.... :(

If you would like to know what features are available please ask, and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You could create an US or EU-country account and install the app?
As you only use free apps, no need for credit card info.
Only thing is that the app update is not automatically.

I did this for two apps, as there are some free apps in US, and I want to have them.
You might try that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dragons and JVondel.
It is very misleading on the website and after researching online I was no better off.
I thought if they were able to get it in for BMW we would get it too. Bugger.
I will try set up an international app and see how I go. Thanks again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks dragons and JVondel.
It is very misleading on the website and after researching online I was no better off.
I thought if they were able to get it in for BMW we would get it too. Bugger.
I will try set up an international app and see how I go. Thanks again.
Let me know how you go ... I'm interested also

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me know how you go ... I'm interested also

Yes, I managed to do it this morning and downloaded the US app by using a US apple ID.

I don't have my car yet (how sad is that ha-ha) I have to wait until November but I now have the app on my phone which is pretty cool.

I just googled instructions how get a US apple ID and it was pretty easy. I'll PM you the link.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've tried both the android and IOs Apps, neither work unfortunately :(
I believe there is a hardware difference between the Mini's with MINI connected functionality and the Australian version of the MINI. I've tried to enable mini Connected via Coding the vehicle, but its pretty much impossible to get working :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried both the android and IOs Apps, neither work unfortunately :(
I believe there is a hardware difference between the Mini's with MINI connected functionality and the Australian version of the MINI. I've tried to enable mini Connected via Coding the vehicle, but its pretty much impossible to get working :(

That's so disappointing. :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
Apaarently our Govt won't allow us to have it. Something about road safety .... Nanny state issues

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Apaarently our Govt won't allow us to have it. Something about road safety .... Nanny state issues

I thought that too but there is a BMW Connected App in the Australian store that appears to do everything that MINI Connected does. So I'm not sure why that one is OK and MINI isn't.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Official word from Mini Australia

Conversation I had on the official Mini Australia page. Disappointing that Mini Australia still sell the Mini connected feature on their website, but actually do not offer it... at all

Gray
18 October at 00:18 ·
Can we please have an update on what is happening with Mini Connect app for the new models please? What functions will be available? you have this listed on the website... where is this elusive 'mission control' feature??

"While the analyser runs in the background, the driver and his driving style set the beat with the Dynamic Music feature, out of 13 exclusively for MINI designed tracks.

The Mission Control feature gives MINI drivers the ability to interact directly with their car. MINI will let them know outside air temperatures, or give them a friendly reminder to fasten their seatbelt and other situation-dependent messages. Your MINI finally has the character and personality you always knew it had."

MINI
Hi Gray, thank you for your feedback. We are restricted by the driver distraction regulations in providing the full suite of MINI Connected functionality here in Australia. We will review our website with regards to Mission Control capabilities. MINI

Gray
Sounds like false advertising to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
They use universal content on their website and brochures.

I enquired as well when I got my car, traffic is currently being investigated with authorities apparently....

I can't imagine it's that far off, the new bimmers have the full connectivity suite now, that took years lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has any one heard anything new about this issue? As i understand it it needs some coding from someone who know what they are doing and some sort of unique code for each car to enable it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.