Mini Cooper Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi OzDJMini,

What was the approx cost of the map upgrade? I might explore that and what is the map version and difference from your prior version? Is a new map developed each year?

Cheers

·
Registered
266 Posts
As an aside I also talked to him about the snap on adapter phone holder that fits in the armrest. The only benefit is *possibly* improved reception due to connection to the outside aerial and provides access to TWO microphones in the car, as opposed to just one microphone not using the adapter. He advises against buying it - I think it costs around $350.
I would also advise against buying the snap-in adapter. In fact I've heard they have now discontinued it with 2017 models.

Double check the advice you got regarding access to the two microphones however as when I have my phone paired to the car's audio using bluetooth (no snap-in) I'm fairly certain that both microphones work and If I'm actually wrong and only one microphone is working then it's more than sufficient for picking up both the driver and the passenger's voice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone from Australia confirm that MINI Connected is possible on the following MINI:
- Base model Cooper F55 2016 model
- Multimedia Essentials package (6.5" screen - includes Nav) installed

Dealer said something to the effect of 2G Sims being used in these models, so I wasn't sure

I have done some research, and it seems apart from OBD cable + software, I need the FSC code to activate MINI Connected, which is where WarpedDriveServices comes in ?

And finally, if the iPhone is not Jailbroken - I am guessing you can't install the app, since it's not in AU App store ?

Thanks for the helpful information in this forum :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

I purchased the Mini JCW model last year and is less than 12 months old. Recently i read an article stating Mini Connected will be available in Australia for both Apple and Androids.

I then contacted my local Mini dealer but was told I cant have mini connected as they don't 'retrofit' and is only available on new models

Can anyone confirm this is the case? I do feel upset that I have purchased a rather expensive model and less than 12 months old and Mini is not able to upgrade the software

triniinamini

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a 2016 Cooper S F55 hatch and got the same story when I contacted my dealer.

I looked into updating the software myself but it looks like I've got the latest version in the car already. Would bee great if there was a way of getting the connected app working though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi PM me your email address and I will forward you the details.
Please could you send me the details also, I'm in Dubai but the models are the same for UAE, AUS and NZ, im sure it not full version as I have read about plotting trips on my phone for navigation but cannot see anything like this on the actual app.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought a new Cooper S 7, in January and have no idea what Mini Connect does. Can anyone, please, explain this?

Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

Just bouncing back on this quite old topic now.

I do have a F56 JCW (2018) and from my understanding, it does now have a 4G modem built in, so there is no more connectivity issues as opposed to few years back. I read at the beginning of the thread that older models (non LCI or before 2018) had a 2G modem, which quickly became unusable because Telstra did switch off the 2G network.

Anyway, there is another problem I wanted to discuss here and see whether any of you has encountered it.

I'm using an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8+) and I found that the Weather, News and Spotify app cannot be used unless the car is in Parking gear and with the hand brake pulled !!!
I understand there is a safety reason for that as these info could easily take the focus away while driving, but what about Spotify !!? What's the point of even having the app built in if it cannot be use while driving ?
Have you guys found a way to get it working ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Live in Sydney and just purchased a 2017 Mini Cooper convertible with 6.5 screen navigation. Would love to be able to get mini connected. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks guys.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts