Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I thought it was about time I connected my phone to the car using the USB socket and see what the Mini Connected app gave me.
Am I missing something, but the only thing worth looking at was the minimalism app, but that only works in Green mode, and nobody uses green mode, do they,
So, what does Mini Connected actually offer you???

·
Registered
763 Posts
For the most part my screen stays on Sports Instruments since it gives you HP, Revs and an actual engine temperature. I don't really use the rest.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Don't think I've seen sports instruments!
Scroll down with the controller, on mine, in the main display it's towards the bottom after MINImalism and the Force Meter. I have Visual Boos but not XL.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Don't think I've seen sports instruments!

hmmm me neither! might give that a look tonight on way home from work!

on another note, if I had the choice again(if it was a choice) id delete green mode, what a FaF!
its no good on hills!
its fine on the the motorway as long as you don't go above 70MPH!! WTF,

usless,

haven't tried mini connect with my iphone 6 yet, but then again, took me a while to realise I didn't need to dig thru the menus to adjust my rain sensor for the wipers! lol doh!

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I just hooked my Ipod up to the Radio seems to work pretty good as far as the rest of the features I do not use since I got only the base system. For me all them extras are useless because I do not use them I guess I would be okay with an AM RADIO in the dash.:D:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
If your phone runs Android Mini "Connected" does literally nothing

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
My Samsung Galaxy S7 indeed does nothing, it 'Connected' OK when I first installed Mini Connected but I appear to have had a Connected app update and now the car says I must install a compatible verison, wtf!

I also have an iPhone 6 for work and that connects seamlessly every time with Spotify etc, shame I don't like iOS.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have to disagree to the certain extent.

The street app is pretty good for mpg nerds. I've always wanted an app that accurately measures my speed/mpg/logs journeys and that app is fantastic. It even groups up journeys and lets you compare stats.

e.g. my car is brand new and looking at the mpg slowly increase and journey time variations is pretty good!

I know that last night I got home 2 minutes slower and used 5mpg more fuel and remained still for 1minute more than today :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
On the GF's F56s it will read the torque and HP output (in real time), G-force being applied, Eco routing, and everything else that was mentioned. Just more stuff to help take your eyes off the road.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
105 Posts
Posts on this thread are pointless unless stating which platform is being used. I think anyone with any use for this at all is using IOS and there is zero for Android - correct?

·
Registered
165 Posts
The Android app does absolutely nothing. BMW could choose to develop an app for Android they have just chosen not to. Is there a relationship of exclusivity between BMW and Apple making them behave this way?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Android - only useful feature I found was the ability to plan destinations from the comfort of my living room.

We don't even get extra sports instruments, do we?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. Original post was that Mini connected is useless if like me yo have an Android phone. No sports instruments for me. Can't see anything worthwhile. Complete waste of time if you are an Android user.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, should have included that I've got Journeymate XL, too (Connected v1.1.3, JourneymateXL v2.0.0.1013)

In Journeymate, go into Map view, locate where want to go, press and hold to set a pin.

Options then appear to just send to car, or you can plan a journey if you want to schedule it. Doesn't support waypoints, though, so if you want to stop off anywhere, you need multiple trips.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Let me bump this old thread

I connected mini connect first time yesterday iphone 6s

Here is what I observed so far:
- while connected to the car, the app on the phone wont show you any menus. It will just say connected. Everything (for connected) must be done through the car.
- Internet radios etc are good if you live in a country with cheap mobile internet. In my country i cant afford to stream using mobile internet.
- sport instruments and minimalism my car shows those without going to mini connected or connecting the phone. Because you dont need the phone to measure power and torque, and you dont need to phone to measure the parameters for minimalims. So putting those under connected is "crap" and useless for me since mu car have those"
- streetwise mmm its cool.
- Go pro app is cool
- calender, useless since u have to open it to check appointments it would be better if it pops up notifications etc.

After disconnecting the phone i like that i can show you where u parked etc.

So i sense that some people expected to be able to do things on the phone while it is connected. No that is not how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts