Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, having had my car now for a week i thought i should play around with the App on my iPhone 5.

Tried using the white apple cable plugged into the USB only and that would not pick up the iPhone. Then found out that i need to use a BMW Ycable, so i went to the dealer who tried two types. first was a Media Y Cable and then a Music Y cable.

Both came up with a message saying Not Supported.

Has anyone been able to use the Mini Connected APP on there iPhone 5 to its full potential?? If so what cable are you using and do i need to do something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yep im connecting from a 5s using the apple usb lead with no problems. Does the car recognise your phone via bluetooth? This doesnt give you mini connected functionality but it would at least tell you if its a usb problem or a phone problem

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have blue tooth connectabilty i.e. i can stream music.

I have just again tried the usb cable that came with my phone, it is now recognised, but i don't seem to be able to access any apps on the car screen.
the only that happens is the status screen is updated on the phone with fuel level,fuel range and mileage.The screen then displays a mini logo and says do not lock screen, but thats exactly what happens, i cannot move from that screen unless i disconnect.
What other functions should i be able to use.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did you start the mini connected app before you plugged it in? You should be able to access via the cars display, mini connected which will give you internet radio, facebook and twitter if you use them, plus several other apps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts