Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
If the good Lord wills it, I'll be picking up my MCS from the dealer next week. I rent cars often for business, and this week my local Avis HOOKED ME UP by giving me a 2015 fully loaded Cadillac Escalade at the intermediate vehicle price. Don't get me wrong - I hate how it drives, I hate how you could fit a school bus in it's blind spot - but the thing is so extravagant I'd probably just hang out in it if the engine stopped working. Anyways, as I was driving this week I was using the Escalade's Nav because I liked it on the HUD, but I also had Waze on on my phone to warn me of things like pot holes and cops. It was nice because both the audio from the Nav and the audio from Waze alerts went through the car audio.

I know some apps, like Spotify, will continue to play in the background on an iPhone. Other apps, like Waze, will not work in the background and have to be in the foreground at all times. Does Mini Connected have to be running in the foreground, or can it run in the background? And if it needs to be in the foreground - can I pair my work phone (also iPhone) to the car and hear alerts/calls from both phones through the car audio? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The Connected app itself or one of its supported 3rd party apps MUST be running in the foreground for it to work via wired connection. That means if you leave the app, the audio will stop.

You can easily get around this using Bluetooth audio though, though you will not have the same amount of integration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts