Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need the lightning cable for iPhone to run Mini connected or can it be used by bluetooth.
I have Media pack XL & enhanced bluetoth.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Lightning cable is USB, I think that was the point he was trying to make
Oh, yeah! Good point. Haha. Thanks, WiltsPat.

That's what I get for replying to forum messages while tailgating (in our VO, of course) at the MLS Cup Final in Carson, CA!

;-)

JP

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
307 Posts
How do you get the mini excitment to use the full screen, it always has the menu down the left hand side ????
I think you need to open the Excitement App on your phone then connect phone to usb. The excitement should then show up in the connected screen in the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you get the app to "stay on steady" instead of restarting every 30 seconds to 15 minutes? I like the app but it gets annoying on a one hour commute. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeh, i get that screen as in your pic but the scroll down menu is always on the left for the different options. If i click left i get the menu, if i click right I get the split screen menu. I just want it looking like your pic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can you explain "app restarting" . Do you mean on the phone or car?
I mean I start up the app (Driving Excitement). Usually it runs with the DE screen on the MINI center display for about 15 to 20 minutes (usually). Then it might restart - pops back to the list of apps and the voice comes on saying "Welcome back" or "That was quick". It's totally random. Happens as many as 3 times a minute (rare) or every 5 to 10 minutes (common). Worked perfect on iOS 8.0, not before and not since (on iPhone 5).

I like the app but very annoying. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts