Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

So on the 24th May I'll collect my wife's Mini JCW Convertible with all the Mini Connected stuff and XL, etc.

I've got a 2015 X6 and BMW Connected is via BMW UK website and you log-in and your car is there and all the services it offers. From the web send messages, locations etc.

For the Mini Connected I can't see a similar service only to download Apple or Google apps.

My wife has a Windows phone and unless I am mistaken it seems to me that the Mini Connected is sub-optimal compared to BMW Connected - even though they must be using the same server in Germany Munich.

Is my assumption correct - only via mobile phone apps or can you log-in into a Mini Connected service via mini.co.uk?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
MINI Connected isn't as sophisticated as BMW Connected or MercedesMe, it's pretty useless really in my opinion. I've only used it to log my trips so I can see my MPG per route.

Reactions: Wing Co

·
Registered
307 Posts
If your using an Android device which I guess you are by having a Windows phone. Mini connected is waste of time, offers nothing other than Green mode mini excitement, which in itself is useless, unless you want to save the planet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Folks, let's hope that there will eventually be an update that brings it up to the standard of BMW connected.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Yeah, way different than the BMWs, mostly because BMWs have telematics with a data connection and MINIs...well...don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts