Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini Connected is huge fun :) So far I love the web radio and being able to check/post on Facebook. (Much to my friendlist's horror!)

And I love that I can check the app on my phone and find out how much diesel I have left! (3.1 gallons if you're interested).

What's visual boost btw? Do I have it as part of media XL??

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mini Connected is huge fun :) So far I love the web radio and being able to check/post on Facebook. (Much to my friendlist's horror!)

And I love that I can check the app on my phone and find out how much diesel I have left! (3.1 gallons if you're interested).

What's visual boost btw? Do I have it as part of media XL??
it seriously tells you how much petrol/diesel you have left on your phone? Awesome!!

Yes visual boost is covered by Media XL.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool - I'm not sure what 'VB' describes? Is it the pictures it shows to go along with the music?

And hoe it also tells you how many estimated miles you have left with the fuel you have, and your total mileage :) Coo-ell!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A random hoe appeared in my reply above haha!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
The most eye-catching element of the interior has to be the all-new MINI Central Display. It is available in three variants, from the standard 4-line display to an 8.8" widescreen variant. Functionalities include entertainment and navigation (if specified). Access your media player of choice on the 4-line standard radio screen or combine the optional visual Boost radio 6.5 ” screen with MINI Connected and the standard Bluetooth® hands free function with USB audio. If that still doesn't satisfy your gadget appetite, go for the full-on Media Pack XL with 8.8” screen, MINI Connected XL, extended smart phone connection and touch controller.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ok thanks milo! And yes B&W that's very true haha!!

Reactions: andyross37

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Although we'd have to be hiding within Bluetooth range of the car ;-)

Reactions: andyross37

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But the good thing is that we'll have sorted out all the teething problems and resolved all the questions by the time yours arrives :)

(Small consolation????)

·
Registered
734 Posts
I ordered media XL because I wanted big screen and split screen display for satnav... I must admit to feeling intimidated by all these connectivity options.

Web radio for example... is that over a data connection on the phone? Sounds expensive...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered media XL because I wanted big screen and split screen display for satnav... I must admit to feeling intimidated by all these connectivity options.

Web radio for example... is that over a data connection on the phone? Sounds expensive...
Split screen is very handy - and makes the satnav much easier to follow!

And yes I'm assuming web radio uses your data connection - I have a 10gb data contract each month and never get even close to using it all...so hopefully I can use it pretty freely without too much concern about cost.

I'm at home today and intend to go and sit in the driveway and have more of a play with the different options! It's all a bit overwhelming at the moment - this car does more than my iPad!!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
(And I don't mean the fact that it can drive haha!!)

Reactions: MintMark

·
Registered
66 Posts
You need mini connected app for the iPhone which includes apps for web radio & it uses your phone data plan to provide. This feature works well. The connected app illustrates car fuel level, fuel range, mileage reading and last update

Some quite good features, not sure about android phones

·
Registered
998 Posts
first time i've had to hold off upgrading my phone until i get my car! i'm waiting to see what my HTC android can do before maybe switching to iphone

·
Registered
167 Posts
My understanding is that the phone needs to be usb connected in order to use the Connected features, therefore bluetooth will not supply updated info.

Texy
Do you know if the standard lightning to USB cable works in this respect?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts