Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone else has had the same problem as I have. I brought my mini cooper 1.5 68 plate 7 months ago from a mini garage and have around 4 months warranty left. I have contacted the garage and they are going to call me back but just wanted to see if anybody else has had a rubbing/grinding sound from the brakes when putting my foot on the brakes, it is quite loud I did notice it not long after buying it but thought it was because it had been unused at the garage for a while but it has not gone away. It had 7.2k on the clock when bought and now 8.7k.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The grinding sound is my gears, when I see "brakes" spelled "breaks".

..might also be scored discs.

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
84 Posts
if you got it like that i would have refused a sale until the disk and pads where inspected, however get your wheel off and check your brake pads, also run your fingers along your disk it should be smooth if its got ridges then as above its scored so you'll need to change them not a big deal happened to me with my sd easy fix :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. They have now looked at it and said there is nothing wrong with it but I'm not so sure. They say that they can hear a slight rubbing which is the tyres but have had it on the ramp and actually looked at the brakes and there are no problems. I think I am going to go to another garage to check it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Cooper S did this a while back. Took it to a garage and they couldn’t see anything wrong. He sprayed it with brake cleaner and it never happened again.

·
Registered
mini cooper SD 2015
84 Posts
Thanks everyone. They have now looked at it and said there is nothing wrong with it but I'm not so sure. They say that they can hear a slight rubbing which is the tyres but have had it on the ramp and actually looked at the brakes and there are no problems. I think I am going to go to another garage to check it.
as NVmini said get the wheels off and give it a clean with brake cleaner you dont want to get ripped off from a garage, most likely going to be dirt build up

1 - 11 of 11 Posts