Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The IIHS recently tested a number of small cars, 12 to be exact. Of all those cars, only the Mini Cooper Countryman got a "good" score in the small front overlap crash test.

To earn a "good" rating, a car must keep the cabin around the occupants largely intact and protect them with a combination of seat belts and air bags, the institute said. When a car's cabin collapses, as it did in the crash tests of the Juke, Leaf, 500L and Mazda5, it can move the seats and air bags out of place, increasing the risk of injuries.
I don't want to have my legs crushed because the cabin collapses when I crash. Guess that means that I should go with the Mini Cooper Countryman instead of one of these other options.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Its also hardly a small car, it ought to do better than most small cars. Wonder how the latest VW Golf, Audi A3 and BMW 1 series did?

Ian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Often times its not your own driving skills that are the problem, it's the fact that you can't be sure that every other person on the road is also a good driver.
So true been hit three times and not once my fault, and had one car written off by an idiot driver.

·
Registered
277 Posts
but you also can prevent a lot of collisions i'm always looking around when i drive, there have been many cases where i prevented people from rear ending me and t boning me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts