Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2016 Mini Cooper D just over a year ago. I did test drive the Mini Cooper petrol but I prefer the way the diesel drives. I have been really pleased with the car. The thing is I do really like the look of the SD. Has anyone had experience of driving both the D and SD, is the SD significantly better to drive?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sd drives better than the S

which is like a politicians answer but I haven’t driven your D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sd drives better than the S

which is like a politicians answer but I haven’t driven your D
Ok thanks, a lot of people say that. SD must be good because they're not coming down much in price unfortunately!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cant comment on the D version but our SD is a super little car. I say little but we have the F55 so the 5 door so it really doesn't feel little! We have only just got it. Its a 2014 car so not the newest but the fit and finish is still excellent. The engine is superb. we just went from Notts to Cornwall and back, round trip of around 800miles and it ran beautifully and gave 58mpg. The acceleration is great. Might have to change the settings on the Sport mode as the suspension gets a little too stiff. I think its a good alternative to the petrol S version of the Mini. It does more to the gallon and looks the same, performance is amazing too. We thought about an S version but preferred the engine characteristics of the diesel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cant comment on the D version but our SD is a super little car. I say little but we have the F55 so the 5 door so it really doesn't feel little! We have only just got it. Its a 2014 car so not the newest but the fit and finish is still excellent. The engine is superb. we just went from Notts to Cornwall and back, round trip of around 800miles and it ran beautifully and gave 58mpg. The acceleration is great. Might have to change the settings on the Sport mode as the suspension gets a little too stiff. I think its a good alternative to the petrol S version of the Mini. It does more to the gallon and looks the same, performance is amazing too. We thought about an S version but preferred the engine characteristics of the diesel.
Thanks for your reply. That is what I am going to get a 5 door Cooper SD. I think it is the best model. The fuel economy is almost as good as I get in the Cooper D. I did try the petrol Cooper, it did feel slightly quicker but I know I would miss the economy and the torque of the diesel for everyday driving. I agree with the fit and finish, I had a Suzuki Swift Sport before and the Mini was a massive step up in quality. Happy motoring!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts