Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
I installed it works great. If you are handy you can do it yourself. If you don't know how it works let the garage do it for you. Its a bit tricky to get the kabel to the fuse box. But fun to do. I love my connect. I got it for my birthday from my girlfriend.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So does this also allow you to use the steering wheel buttons to control music? I'm trying to figure out what this product is really meant to do. I like the placement of the phone, but is it really for people who will use this for NAV? On the box it says when you use the app it "provided tips on safety, makes product recommendations" among other things. Sounds like a way to do advertising.
Annette

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi i use my coyote iphone app on it and dashcommand. Be carefull this is only a holder and it charges your battery. This is no connection to the vehicle... So for mini connected you do need to plug it in beneath the car in the usb section. The connection on the holder is a usb slot but with only voltage to load your phone no connection. But i do like it. And you can see it much better then when you would attach it too the window. So i would recommend it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have got a copy of the instructions, I will PDF then tomorrow and post them up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fitting instructions

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
These are the currently available clips ..

iPhone 4, 5, 6
Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4
Universal
Garmin GPS Portable

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just got a Mini Navigation XL and I am in the middle of installing the click and drive now.

I got it screwed onto the dash (easy), then snaked the cable (easy once you know the route: feed the cable to follow the existing cable work high in the dash to the passenger side). Now, I'm stuck with how to attach the connectors to the end of the wires. Any advice on how these clips work? Also, did you disconnect your negative battery cable? I can't seem to figure out how to disconnect the battery cable without tearing out a bunch of surrounding components...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sorry. I just don't see the point. It's just a phone holder, and an expensive one at that.
I have a brand new one for sale at £70, not just a phone holder as has a built in usb so charges also and saves running cable to 12v socket. Actually also looks very good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! Any of your have an iPhone 6 Plus with the Mini Click and Drive System? Can i use a Third Party clip for iPhone 6 Plus with the Click and Drive? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! Any of your have an iPhone 6 Plus with the Mini Click and Drive System? Can i use a Third Party clip for iPhone 6 Plus with the Click and Drive? Thanks
I had the G-Cord® Flexible Extra Long Arm Cup Holder Mount for iPhone and other Smartphones laying around, tried it, and the ball mount was the same size. I'm new, so I can't post a link, but I got it on Amazon. Best part - it's adjustable.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Anything that uses that standard Garmin ball mount should work

·
Registered
11 Posts
So does this also allow you to use the steering wheel buttons to control music? I'm trying to figure out what this product is really meant to do. I like the placement of the phone, but is it really for people who will use this for NAV? On the box it says when you use the app it "provided tips on safety, makes product recommendations" among other things. Sounds like a way to do advertising.
Annette
Negative, it does not allow you to control anything. If installed correctly it will only charge your phone. The only way to connect your phone to your car is using the front USB port next to the 12V port or by using one of those expensive snap in adapters that you plug into the center armrest/console.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts