Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Mini Cooper F56 JCW with a full Armytrix Turbo back exhaust, K&N CAI and an NM engineering power module. The first mod I did was the power module and noticed a significant increase in power from stock. I then went ahead and put the exhaust and CAI and noticed that the car might of felt a bit more sluggish than normal. I am not sure why that is. Any suggestions on what I might be experiencing?

· Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
You will probably find at lower revs, the car may seem a little more sluggish as you would have lost a little back pressure from a better flowing exhaust but you will gain more power and better response in the higher revs as the exhausts can be pushed out faster and cooler and better induction breathing but only marginally as the stock air box is pretty well designed.

That is a very basic answer, there is a lot more science to it though.

· Registered
1,896 Posts
The NM module usually produces about 30 HP increase and corresponding torque. I have the JCW PRO exhaust it adds 9+ horsepower gain and torque. I didn't add a CAI as it didn't produce a significant horsepower gain for the expense involved. The current configuration produces 269.8 HP according to the dynomometer.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 F56 JCW with the NM Module. Are you guys running your NM mod on High or Low? I put mine on low for 93 Octane and noticed the HP improvement. I put 2 bottles of Lucas octane booster in a tank of gas to get the 100 octane and put the mod on High. Now it runs pretty wild with no issues whatsoever just great power improvement! I was thinking about a new intercooler but not sure it would do too much. Not planning on tracking the car so no High RPMs for extended periods of time. My other ride is a 911 turbo with 500 HP but for a fraction of the price ,I am really enjoying the Mini JCW with the NM Mod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.