Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've joined from other forums such as Total Mini which just seem so quiet these days, specifically on the F56 front!

I've owned 2x R53 Mini Coopers in the past and craved a new Mini for so long! So after a year of driving a Citroen (for my sins) I have now ordered a 2015 Mini Cooper to arrive in the first week of January (or earlier if I'm lucky!)

• Mini Cooper 3 Door Hatch - Midnight Black
  • Half Leather Diamond Interior
  • 16" Black Victory Spoke Alloys
  • Chili Pack
  • Heated Front Windscreen
  • Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
  • Anthracite Headlining
  • Cruise Control
  • LED Headlights/Foglights/DRL
  • Visual Boost Radio

I've been told there'll be 5 weeks to delivery but this could be sooner. Anyone else who's ordered, what has your experience been in waiting times and also how Mini have kept in contact?

Can't wait to finally get behind the wheel of a new Mini - I've worked hard for this!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome! Good choice of colour (not that Im biased :) )

My JCW was three weeks from order to delivery (to the day). Here's hoping for a speedy delivery for you!

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is a gorgeous car!! Congrats!

My car

Ordered on 11/16/15 (signed the spec)
Went into production on 11/19/15 in Oxford
Completed on schedule on 11/30/15.

My advisor told me today that it will be delivered by the end of this year and I will need to get my money ready>:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice spec another f56 onto the road. My JCW was ordered 10th october and was delivered on 30th November.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found some photos of my previous Mini's. The blue one was my first, this was a beauty with only 45,000 miles on the clock when I bought it in 2013. Sold 10,000 miles later for the same money I paid!

The second one, BRG, was a pain in the backside and cost me a fortune. Luckily only paid £1,250 in the first place but easily that went over £3,000 by the time she was fixed up. Then sold for £1,750 so a bit of a money pit - although in reality a very good runner considering the mileage of 115,000!!!

I can't wait now for my third, built on 11th December it shouldn't be too long now :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not long now. :)
It's now in the UK, awaiting dispatch to Wilmslow. Should be 'in my hands' on 23rd according to BMW Customer Services - but that's only an estimate. My guess then is between Christmas and New Year.

*checks Halliwell Jones festive period opening hours!*

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's now in the UK, awaiting dispatch to Wilmslow. Should be 'in my hands' on 23rd according to BMW Customer Services - but that's only an estimate. My guess then is between Christmas and New Year.

*checks Halliwell Jones festive period opening hours!*
Printed and signed my finance documents, my cars registration document - says it was registered today! :O

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why are you 100 miles away?! They emailed them to me, I'll take them in tomorrow. :)
I live in Leicestershire these days, but Halliwell Jones in Wilmslow used to be my old local Mini dealer - they sent me a great Black Friday offer and did all the work customising it, so a £40 train fare up to collect was a no brainer for the saving I got. I'm not in the business for making another dealer match the offer - would have been unfair on Oli really - he's done a great job thus far.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I live in Leicestershire these days, but Halliwell Jones in Wilmslow used to be my old local Mini dealer - they sent me a great Black Friday offer and did all the work customising it, so a £40 train fare up to collect was a no brainer for the saving I got. I'm not in the business for making another dealer match the offer - would have been unfair on Oli really - he's done a great job thus far.
Quite a nice drive home then!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quite a nice drive home then!
Yeah, not sure which way to go home thought... Down the M6 will be boring but through Leek and Ashbourne is a road where I crashed my blue Mini in Jan 14! Well, someone crashed in to me.

I'm sure lightning won't strike twice! :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Mini is here!

For anyone who wants to see my 2016 Midnight Black Cooper, here's a video prior to PDI...

https://video.citnow.com/vtn933sbk3V

I collect on Wednesday lunchtime, so pleased that it's before Christmas!

I'm thinking of the 16" Victory Spokes to be my winter wheels and save some pennies for something else in the summer months... We will see!

What do you think from the short video?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My Mini is here!

For anyone who wants to see my 2016 Midnight Black Cooper, here's a video prior to PDI...

https://video.citnow.com/vtn933sbk3V

I collect on Wednesday lunchtime, so pleased that it's before Christmas!

I'm thinking of the 16" Victory Spokes to be my winter wheels and save some pennies for something else in the summer months... We will see!

What do you think from the short video?

Good stuff! You're lucky to get a dealer that does the videos (don't think mine does :( )! Although I bet it's making the wait longer!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts