Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have done a search but couldn't see anything that clearly answered.

When my Mini arrives I hope to seamlessly continue using Apple Music in the car, so those with the Audio Boost set up can you confirm it works with either USB or Bluetooth or both?

Does it show album artwork on screen, easy to navigate using the car's controls and can I use Siri to change what I'm listening to?

In comparison, how does Spotify fare? Is that a better integration given the Mini Connected support?

I'm off to YouTube to hopefully find some videos of both but any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
I have enhanced Bluetooth and media excel. Never use usb,but regularly connect my Android phone via Bluetooth to listen to spotlight. It works a treat and I can move tracks using steering wheel controls but not between playlists. Tracks are named but no album art. I love it but others on here have difficulties with it. I think it is very much phone dependent.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I use Spotify on an Android and iPhone, and when plugged in it has the album artwork and the ability to scroll through any songs you've saved through Spotify. My steering wheel buttons don't work with it however. I've not tried apple music with it, but Spotify is built in to the Mini Connected app, so imagine that provides better in-car support. I'd guess that apple music will work like google play music and only give you the basic change track support, as it's not part of the connected app.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Hi,

Have done a search but couldn't see anything that clearly answered.

When my Mini arrives I hope to seamlessly continue using Apple Music in the car, so those with the Audio Boost set up can you confirm it works with either USB or Bluetooth or both?

Does it show album artwork on screen, easy to navigate using the car's controls and can I use Siri to change what I'm listening to?

In comparison, how does Spotify fare? Is that a better integration given the Mini Connected support?

I'm off to YouTube to hopefully find some videos of both but any help would be appreciated!
I use Apple Music a lot in my F55 and it works equally well plugged in or via BT. I get album art, I can change playlists or stations, and browse music listed in My Music. You cannot add stations or playlists though. Siri (in the US anyway) won't let you control as much as you would think, but the steering wheel controls and on screen controls do everything I would want.

Spotify has just as good integration, but you have to have the phone plugged in and synced.

Reactions: bjblyth

·
Registered
296 Posts
I use Apple Music a lot in my F55 and it works equally well plugged in or via BT. I get album art, I can change playlists or stations, and browse music listed in My Music. You cannot add stations or playlists though. Siri (in the US anyway) won't let you control as much as you would think, but the steering wheel controls and on screen controls do everything I would want.

Spotify has just as good integration, but you have to have the phone plugged in and synced.
Would you recommend Apple Music over Spotify? I didn't realise Apple music integrated well. It does this over bluetooth as well?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Would you recommend Apple Music over Spotify? I didn't realise Apple music integrated well. It does this over bluetooth as well?
I personally used Apple Music because I like their curated playlists. It's been a great way for me to discover new music.

Because the Apple Music app is built into the iPhone it does seem to integrate better over Bluetooth. Spotify will let you see album art and song info and allow you to skip tracks, but it doesn't let you change playlists or search without using MINI Connected and plugging it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.