Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever tried these things? They are optically clear, soft contact lenses for the MC to stop the lights from getting beaten to death by sand/rocks/bugs/whatever. You get a pair for the big headlights and a pair for the fog lights in each kit. They look pretty straightforward to install, I just wonder if they do the job. The $70.00 is a little steep, but a heck of a lot less than an entire new headlight unit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought 2 feet of film off Ebay, made some paper templates, then cut my own. Used a hairdryer to get it to stretch to match the curve.

I think it helps. So I would recommend doing it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
We have had four MINIs, starting with our 2004 Cooper. Never have had any damage to headlights.

Reactions: hotrunner and Tiger

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't have thought much about it if it hadn't been for the fact that my truck headlights - which are the old standard glass - have been starting to show pitting and wear, and I have one fog light that was taken out by a rock. My buddy's Jetta headlights were the "plastic" kind and went beyond the ability to be restored in a few years, The MC headlight pods are so... prominant... I got to pondering if the investment might be worth it.

I value all the thoughts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts