Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange no one has posted this before-although i may have missed it but the new series of Top Gear that i've REALLY enjoyed in spite of all the negative press about Chris Evans etc has used the Mini Cooper as a Rally Cross car; you can tell it's the lovely 3 cylinder petrol from its gruff sound-not sure re mods but it def has rally cross orientated tyres, a roll cage and race seats BRANDED john Cooper Works!

Great advert for mini!

I've loved the new series; bit more car orientated and i find Chris Evans entertaining and bubbly with the cool calm Matt l Blanc a superb contrast. Shame imo Chris has resigned as given time it would have been even better i am sure, but i know there's a lot of negativity about him. i enjoyed it anyway.;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, superb advert and a good twist on the theme.

Gotta say, I find Matt LeBlanc very very funny actually, Sabine is amusing (and can drive), Chris Evans is OK in small doses, he's brilliant on TFI even the recent couple of shows they put out, but he doesn't quite cross over to Top Gear IMO.

My favourite bit (Mini aside of course!) was the Hoonigan piece with Ken Block, what an absolute animal of a car, think the quote I read/heard somewhere by Ken was something like "it spends most of its time trying to kill me.....", quite a funny out take here from somewhere with Chris Harris riding shotgun during a warmup, his face says it all really!!!

In the end I doubt anything would really work straight away after years of JC and the gang, pity the press can be such ********* and don't give things like this a chance. I'm sure they don't represent the overall silent moderate/majority view like ours. We need a Top Gear referendum!

·
Registered
594 Posts

I've loved the new series; bit more car orientated and i find Chris Evans entertaining and bubbly with the cool calm Matt l Blanc a superb contrast. Shame imo Chris has resigned as given time it would have been even better i am sure, but i know there's a lot of negativity about him. i enjoyed it anyway.;)

Sorry Jeremy...I haven't read all you have written.
Otherwise...I shouldn't wrote what I wrote...0:)

·
Super Moderator
6,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Brandon missed it somehow! No worries arn. Public opinion goes with you. I' m just sad and love car program s. Like 5th gear but wasn't keen on Quentin Wilson andjodie Kidd in that classic car show. Yuk. Love car sos with fuzz and Tim. The skill of their work. Wonderful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts