Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I thought we should log late compensation by individual cases so others have an idea what they should be expecting or requesting from Mini UK and USA.

I've just been told I'm currently looking at week 30 (originally week 27 delivery) but no promise that will be met.

I'm trading my R56S in and have been told by the dealer that miles/condition will not effect my trade in price and the dealer will take the loss.
Mini UK are meant to have contacted me in regards to a £300 accessory voucher however I will reject this and demand more.

So...... for those that received their cars later than agreed what did you get? Please state if UK or USA.

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Uk

5 month wait altogether - cancelled reordered car from another dealership after initial 2 month wait

300 voucher from BMW - not fussed got a lot of discount in the first place - however if the car is delayed the fourth time of asking...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Be great to hear from others in the UK and if you have anything in writing from Mini please do share :)

(If you so share a letter addressed to you with personal details please remove before posting it here. Would hate for someone to get in Minis bad books before delivery or during warranty)

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
Been waiting 4 and half months now. Original delivery date was 20th of June, then delayed to 'mid July' then again to 'end July' and now 'mid august' however I do know know that it is a 5505 status which i believe means it is imminently being built - I don't know if its the long wait or the terrible service and lies that I've been given by my dealer.

I have been offered roughly £400 of freebees - tank of petrol and the paint and interior guard stuff. I was offered this after I told the manager I was going to cancel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not late yet, per se, but ordered last week of May and was told 1st of Sept delivery date.

It was explained that there had been issues hence the 3 month wait. Let's see if they stick to it. Curiously, some users on the FB group have got their cars quicker then that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Been waiting 4 and half months now. Original delivery date was 20th of June, then delayed to 'mid July' then again to 'end July' and now 'mid august' however I do know know that it is a 5505 status which i believe means it is imminently being built -

I'm not aware or a 5505 status but anything after 5500 should mean its been built!

I guess it could be '5055 - Confirmed by Production Control' the last step before the bodyshop start date?

Normally in between the last week of July and mid-August all car plants in the UK are closed for the annual holidays (3 weeks?) which includes essential maintanance and preparation for autumn model up-dates. I've not seen anything specific for the MINI-Oxford plant but I guess there will be no cars built and possibly any completed cars not being moved until mid-August?

I would expect that if any car has not been started into the paintshop and then assembly by next week and nearing completion, there could be a three week delay into August.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Waited 4 months for the car and got £300 off mini which the dealer took off the price of the car and the dealer gave me some Union Jack mirror covers (£111) total of £411 saved

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm not aware or a 5505 status but anything after 5500 should mean its been built!

I guess it could be '5055 - Confirmed by Production Control' the last step before the bodyshop start date?

Normally in between the last week of July and mid-August all car plants in the UK are closed for the annual holidays (3 weeks?) which includes essential maintanance and preparation for autumn model up-dates. I've not seen anything specific for the MINI-Oxford plant but I guess there will be no cars built and possibly any completed cars not being moved until mid-August?

I would expect that if any car has not been started into the paintshop and then assembly by next week and nearing completion, there could be a three week delay into August.
Unlikely as I have a list of dates for an oxford factory tour in the first 2 weeks of August and you can currently book factory tours at end of July. Factory tours only take place during production

·
Registered
146 Posts
Unlikely as I have a list of dates for an oxford factory tour in the first 2 weeks of August and you can currently book factory tours at end of July. Factory tours only take place during production
Agreed, if they are conducting tours then definitely the factory is working. Good news for those waiting (like me). I was not going to bother asking for updates on expected delivery but I shall continue to chase the dealer now!

Anyone know it the plant is closing for holidays and if so when?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again for your responses. I've been told the 29th again! On Thursday it was in transit then yesterday it wasn't. As others have said it's the lies that are poor! An honest yes it's late and this is why and i wouldn't car. They also state it's not late.... But it is.... And no compensation offered! Extremely surprised at the poor communication of Mini UK... The dealer has been fantastic :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
US
I order my June 21 was told 8 weeks and my would be produce on week 27. My car was finished production on July 4 and now I have been waiting on docks to ship over to USA since July 9th. A lot of Week 27s have already have been loaded on ships and are crossing the Atlantic now I believe one ship hit North America yesterday. I still believe I will get my car in 8 weeks as I was told by my MA which will be Mid August.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I ordered mine on May 1st - long list of options - and was told middle August but that was brought forward to 12th July but I'm collecting tomorrow/Monday due to work.

So fairly quick I think! I was going to wait until September to get it but as it is now due I'm going to collect!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
UK
Mine was meant to be arriving mid June, then late June, and finally arrived at the dealers Monday this week, while I was in holiday, so collecting tomorrow :).
BMW gave me the 300 pounds accessory voucher for the delay, and have promised to pay for the new tyres I had to put on my old car as were almost illegal and was going on holiday, which I had planned so I could take my new Mini.... Sure I could gave pushed for more but I had already bartered them down on the finance figure and up on the part exchange too, so not complaining.

·
Registered
340 Posts
UK

Ordered 28th April.

Told week 28 build, week 30 delivery.

On week 26, it got pushed back by 7 weeks. I sent an email to my dealer with an ad I'd seen for one with the same spec (A Demonstrator) and threatened to buy it.

Next day, it was rescheduled for week 29 build.

Car was built 16th July, and should be delivered to the dealer in the next few days.

One week later than originally scheduled for build, but more or less on time delivery

Reactions: MintMark

·
Registered
82 Posts
Been waiting 4 and half months now. Original delivery date was 20th of June, then delayed to 'mid July' then again to 'end July' and now 'mid august' however I do know know that it is a 5505 status which i believe means it is imminently being built - I don't know if its the long wait or the terrible service and lies that I've been given by my dealer.

I have been offered roughly £400 of freebees - tank of petrol and the paint and interior guard stuff. I was offered this after I told the manager I was going to cancel.
Been waiting since the 14th April, got told last week that they are to start the build week 32 beginning of August, then I see on here that Oxford may be having a 2 week summer holiday.
As for any freebies nothing from Lloyds in Carlisle :crying: but that's typical of Cumbria where there is little or no competition, plus their allocation is probably smaller than dealers in the big cities.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts