Mini Cooper Forum banner

Mini Cooper S 2020 with the new GP wing?

Tags
gp3 jcw mcs
4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Herr_Vents 
#1 ·
So I was reading a few older articles about the new JCW GP3 and when I saw these pictures, the only thing I see is a MCS with JCW Body kit and the new GP Wing.
Do you think they put the MCS body just as a placeholder, or is there a new upgraded version of hardtop MCS and JCW coming? I might be wrong here, because nobody ever wrote or said something about this.

It doesn't have fog lights, meaning that there might be extra cooling like JCW has? But I don't see any intercooler there.
Brakes and Rotors, they look bigger.
There is also a new design of the exhaust tips.

I'm confused, anybody here trying to help me? Do I See a new MCS or the GP3 in an MCS body with JCW kit?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't really have anything to add except hope. But since the GP model is normally released as more of a swansong towards the very end of a MINI era, and the word on the street is that the F56 has a degree of time left yet then maybe along with hoping to get more cash out of the GP3 there is hopefully more scope for faster JCW and Cooper S variants to give them a bit more oomph against fresher competition over the next few years. I suspect MINI will find it hard charging what they currently do for the car when it's looking older than any other MINI ever has done against better competition than it's ever had at the racier end of things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.