Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst at my local Mini dealership today I was told about the pending launch of a Special Edition Mini Cooper S, the 210.

Apparently only 210 being made and appear to be a Cooper S with lots of extras (as per normal items / availability via configurator when building car) but will also have the JCW body kit and the JCW performance upgrade (exhaust / re programmed ECU) along with some specific badging / decals.

The price mentioned was £29,000

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hmmm, hadn't heard about this - seems a bit gimmicky to me as the John Cooper Works is due to launch in March if I'm not mistaken...though I stand to be corrected. I think the only novelty of the car you're talking about is that only 210 will be made - but it would need to have more than what you've mentioned to be worthwhile in my humble opinion. That money would surely be better spent specifying your own Cooper S - sure it's not one of 210 - but would that really matter? It'd be your one and only and you could get a lot of Cooper S for that £ $ - ok 20 less horsepower - meh. Or buy the flagship JCW - and still have a few thousand to spend and 20 extra horses. No fog lights though! What's that about!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Disappointing!

The car was only launched less than a year ago and they are already pumping out special editions.

This is an age old trick to try and shift cars reaching the end of the production cycle!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was talking to a salesman at Sytner, in Nottingham, a couple of weeks ago who said the manager had ordered a 2015 Hardtop GP for the showroom.

Could this be it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the impression that it was simply a small run (210 cars) with very high spec, maybe a little like the run of the R56 JCW 50's some time ago.

Car spec seems to include JCW body kit, JCW exhaust / ECU upgrade, then a host of extras (Media XL/Heads Up display/Chili/Rear camera etc) along with some specific model badging / stripes.

Personally I wonder why you would go for this at £29,000 rather than the shortly to be released JCW?.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in my local dealer today who told me about this special 201 edition. The previous comments are correct in that it has a multitude of JCW type features including the body kit, engine tuned up to 210bhp, carbon filer exhaust, etc. but the "gimmickyest" (no such word I know but it sounds good!) is a Bluetooth switch which opens flaps in the exhaust to bypass all silencers and lets it roar to its full potential. This is of course NOT road legal and Mini will make anyone purchasing one sign a disclaimer that you will not use it on a public highway!(yeah right!!)

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was in my local dealer today who told me about this special 201 edition. The previous comments are correct in that it has a multitude of JCW type features including the body kit, engine tuned up to 210bhp, carbon filer exhaust, etc. but the "gimmickyest" (no such word I know but it sounds good!) is a Bluetooth switch which opens flaps in the exhaust to bypass all silencers and lets it roar to its full potential. This is of course NOT road legal and Mini will make anyone purchasing one sign a disclaimer that you will not use it on a public highway!(yeah right!!)
This type of exhaust is on a Remus exhaust too.
It's nothing unique :D

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sounds like the JCW add-on exhaust...

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've got the F56 MCS 1 edition. Nobody else has one like mine and I chose the options!

I agree with the above, unless there's considerable savings to be had I'd rather have the 230hp JCW without the self parking..... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts