Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Just thought I'd share of few images of my cooper which has just come back from KDS who did a silver package detail and applied Gtechniq crystal serum.

Have to say a big thank you for Kelly and the guys at KDS did a great job.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks fabulous!
I don't think we have that here in the state, wonder what the equivalent would be?

Annette

Reactions: wizbit76

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
That looks SWEET! :)

Like Annette said, I don't think we have that here in the States. I started a thread on detailing yourself, and a couple respondents mentioned that stuff.

I am just going to detail my new JCW myself. It's all black, and other than a professional detailer, I don't think anybody will care for it as well as me!

Typically the dealer just cleans and waxes new arrivals anyway...nothing special. I hate "swirl marks"! :(

I'll be hand waxing, after claying, after a thorough washing with the two bucket method...panel by panel...I don't care if it takes a week!

Just need the car to arrive first! It's about Mid-Atlantic right now.

Btw, I love your color combo!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks SWEET! :)

Like Annette said, I don't think we have that here in the States. I started a thread on detailing yourself, and a couple respondents mentioned that stuff.

I am just going to detail my new JCW myself. It's all black, and other than a professional detailer, I don't think anybody will care for it as well as me!

Typically the dealer just cleans and waxes new arrivals anyway...nothing special. I hate "swirl marks"! :(

I'll be hand waxing, after claying, after a thorough washing with the two bucket method...panel by panel...I don't care if it takes a week!

Just need the car to arrive first! It's about Mid-Atlantic right now.

Btw, I love your color combo!

Cheers,

John
Hey John

Yes I too hate swirls so had to get it detailed. Due to the thinness of paint I had to get it professionally done. Which was not cheap but really happy with the results.

The Gtechniq crystal serum is really impressive the water just falls off the car so less contact time with paint work when drying and should last for a few years so no more waxing

Regarding the dealer cleaning you're JCW don't let them. That's what I said to mine although along the way someone did touch it making lovely swirl marks.

Hope you get your JCW soon

Simon

·
Registered
136 Posts
The car looks great! There is similar stuff available in Japan and a friend of mine got it done on his car. It is called something like "Glass Coating". Pricey but worth it.

I use a synthetic polymer sealant on all my cars. Started with Zaino and now Finish First. The Zaino is awesome but the Finish First cures quicker and lasts longer per my experience. I ask my dealership NOT to detail my car prior to the delivery and apply a couple of layers of the sealant right way over a couple of days (weekend) back to back, and a layer per year thereafter. I do not even wash the car between the annual detailing as rain does the job pretty well. The white car still looks white :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts