Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

Hope everyone enjoying this great weather!

My copper s with 17 inch Michelin non run flats... Car is VO of course.....;)....has been great so far.

Past week I have noticed it seems to have a very unsettled ride ......steering Is straight and no vibrations but seems more road feel now through it and I've not hit any potholes etc. ride seems more 'bouncy' and can feel more bumps in road. Checked tyre pressures and seemed a little overinflated so reduced down to recommended pressure. Improved ride a little. Now I don't know if it's just my imagination or whether the hot weather is contributing?

I have the adaptive dampers......mid setting was very comfortable when I first got car......

Changing to sport makes the ride even stiffer.......which it's supposed to do.

Anybody have any thoughts ...........?dampers/ adaptive dampers not restring to mid mode properly?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure if hot weather would affect the damping system, but on my fiesta the stop start won't work if too hot. Also got an engine malfunction message due to hot weather and it switching off certain things on engine, new cars and all their computer gizmos seem to be more trouble than help.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can you not try the Green soft mode on your variable setting and see if that changes anything?
I would be surprised if its weather related.
Does the ride change at all when you cycle through the settings?
If not I would be inclined to say it will be a malfunction and maybe set in the hardest setting of all.
That said, we all know how our brains can play tricks on us.....!:nerd:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Folks

Thanks for replies

Mac500- there is a change when I switch from green-/mid to sport..... Makes it even harder suspension wise!! I think adaptive suspension is -10 on mid/green and +10 on sport with 0 being the standard non adaptive setting.

You are right re our imaginations.......even took out my brothers m3 yesterday to compare suspension...... Ended up focusing on the gorgeous v8 engine note and throttle blip instead!!!!>:D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi all

Hope everyone enjoying this great weather!

My copper s with 17 inch Michelin non run flats... Car is VO of course.....;)....has been great so far.

Past week I have noticed it seems to have a very unsettled ride ......steering Is straight and no vibrations but seems more road feel now through it and I've not hit any potholes etc. ride seems more 'bouncy' and can feel more bumps in road. Checked tyre pressures and seemed a little overinflated so reduced down to recommended pressure. Improved ride a little. Now I don't know if it's just my imagination or whether the hot weather is contributing?

I have the adaptive dampers......mid setting was very comfortable when I first got car......

Changing to sport makes the ride even stiffer.......which it's supposed to do.

Anybody have any thoughts ...........?dampers/ adaptive dampers not restring to mid mode properly?
If you have the dynamic mode you can change the SPORT mode to have the mid mode suspensions settings. So you get the comfort of the mid mode but the throttle response of the SPORT mode. I did that. My ride is worse - 18" wheels and run flats... so the SPORT mode with stiff ride was jarring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts