Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I Finally got to take my wife and I's new mini out to the local go cart track ( how fitting >:D) And I was impressed , The fastest time I ever managed around this track was 46 seconds, And that was in my 400 HP E46 330 Setup to track, I got the mini to do it in 52 seconds. roasting some cars twice its value. The particular track is very small. It weeds out the Horsepower advantage and bring it down to two main factors. Tires and driver skill. to give you an idea my BMW will hit around 100-110 kph on the straight and the mini hit 85, Im sure I could hit 90 when its a bit older and i push it hard. The car has more potential in it then I was willing to pull out of it seeing as its brand new:D The brakes are incredible. The next time I go out this is where im going to pick up some time. With stickier tires and slightly stiffer springs it would be unstoppable. If anyone is interested there is a video but i will Include photos for now ( They are terrible)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nice looking F55, VO looks great on it. What's the spec? I was wondering if I dare taking F55 to a track day (it being 5 door and all), but it seems to be in it's element.

The good thing about the tight tracks is that there are limited opportunities to make a lot of damage if something goes wrong. Unless you do something really really stupid. As fun as the long fast corners are, I hate when there is the concrete wall close to possible exit trajectory :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
BTW, you exit line looks a bit odd on that last pic. Missed the apex? >:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice looking F55, VO looks great on it. What's the spec? I was wondering if I dare taking F55 to a track day (it being 5 door and all), but it seems to be in it's element.

The good thing about the tight tracks is that there are limited opportunities to make a lot of damage if something goes wrong. Unless you do something really really stupid. As fun as the long fast corners are, I hate when there is the concrete wall close to possible exit trajectory :)
BTW, you exit line looks a bit odd on that last pic. Missed the apex? >:D
Thank! is a 2015 Cooper S gasoline engine, It did very well. It is a very tight track, after all it IS a go cart track. Im not sure what is going on in the last picture. The corner is a 90 degree turn so for a rookie like myself i dont know exactly how to take it. Here is a zoomed out picture

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
LRP is in Connecticut...Lakeville, CT as I recall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts