Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20month old SD, I do a bit of driving and covered 30K.
I have had several problems with this car since I have owned it, but now 2 coolant pipes have split and covered my engine, the symptoms were loss of heat and a message telling me to slow down due to car being hot, I managed to get it back to the dealers who diagnosed the split pipes and ordered the hoses 'back order' they have had the car 10 days now, I believe they have the hoses now so waiting for the call to pick it up. What I am wanting to know has anybody else suffered with the same problem? Also what concerns me is why its happened?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hoses split for a number of reasons. I am guessing it's not age, more likely it's been rubbing on something. This could happen if a clip holding the hose breaks, or is broken during another repair, and not spotted by the mechanic, also a mechanic that fails to put things back properly or a factory build fault. I hope you didn't lose to much coolant and your engine is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.