Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Cooper Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Despite joining over 6 months ago, I never had a chance to formally introduce myself, so here it is!

In July 2020 I purchased my first MINI, a Starlight Blue Cooper Sport. I love it and this community on the forum has really helped me along the way.

Spec:

Comfort pack
Nav pack
Performance controls
Sports seats
Darkened rear glass

Since purchasing the car I have also added a few mods which include a full dechrome, Sports Ariel, JCW Carbon tip for the exhaust and a JCW grill with a chilli red stripe on its way

Pictures below (Some old)

·
Registered
2022 Cooper Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2022 Cooper Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotta be honest with you, not too sure about that color combo.
What colour combo? Blue and black? How would it differ from your car with starlight blue and black accents?
I suppose we all have our own opinions but my preference was always to dechrome it for a more unique ‘stealthy’ look.
It is a very common mod on MINI’s to dechrome 😀

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
105 Posts
What colour combo? Blue and black? How would it differ from your car with starlight blue and black?
I suppose we all have our own opinions but my preference was always to dechrome it for a more unique ‘stealthy’ look.
It is a very common mod on MINI’s to dechrome 😀
I was joking since our cars are identical in color. I’m currently debating a dechrome on mine, would be more interested in a satin stainless to match the beltline but can’t find anything like that.

·
Registered
2022 Cooper Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was joking since our cars are identical in color. I’m currently debating a dechrome on mine, would be more interested in a satin stainless to match the beltline but can’t find anything like that.
You had me confused for a minute 😂
You won’t regret that decision to dechrome it. Made a massive difference in my opinion. What do you mean about the satin stainless? Do you mean satin stainless for everything else on the car similar to the belt line instead of chrome?

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
105 Posts
You had me confused for a minute 😂
You won’t regret that decision to dechrome it. Made a massive difference in my opinion. What do you mean about the satin stainless? Do you mean satin stainless for everything else on the car similar to the belt line instead of chrome?
Yes, I would replace the chrome with something similar to that of the beltline trim. I plan on having xpel stealth applied to the roof eventually. I’m not sure going with more gloss black will go well with that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow! This is such a beautiful color. Honest I haven’t seen so many blue minis around, so looks pretty unique.
I was only able to drive in town the 1.5t Cooper, so wondering how is the highway performance. Are you happy with the motorway speeds with the 3pot engine?

·
Registered
2022 Cooper Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow! This is such a beautiful color. Honest I haven’t seen so many blue minis around, so looks pretty unique.
I was only able to drive in town the 1.5t Cooper, so wondering how is the highway performance. Are you happy with the motorway speeds with the 3pot engine?
Yes I am very happy with the speed of the car. On motorway it can easily cruise at 70mph in 6 gear with no struggle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine doesn’t mind 80mph on the interstate, and it has plenty of passing power. It can get up to its governor with relative ease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Despite joining over 6 months ago, I never had a chance to formally introduce myself, so here it is!

In July 2020 I purchased my first MINI, a Starlight Blue Cooper Sport. I love it and this community on the forum has really helped me along the way.

Spec:

Comfort pack
Nav pack
Performance controls
Sports seats
Darkened rear glass

Since purchasing the car I have also added a few mods which include a full dechrome, Sports Ariel, JCW Carbon tip for the exhaust and a JCW grill with a chilli red stripe on its way

Pictures below (Some old)

View attachment 71585 View attachment 71586 View attachment 71588 View attachment 71589 View attachment 71590 View attachment 71591
Hi We have just bought the same car today will be delivered this week coming We also gave Nav pack and comfort pack Automatic transmission We originally wanted a new black and it comes with piano black exterior So we thought about changing it to black from chrome Thought we would leave it and couldn’t picture it with all black But wow it looks great. Did you do the dechrome yourself? Did you buy it all from Mini? I didn’t realise it was possible to change the trim around the car too!

·
Registered
2022 Cooper Sport
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi We have just bought the same car today will be delivered this week coming We also gave Nav pack and comfort pack Automatic transmission We originally wanted a new black and it comes with piano black exterior So we thought about changing it to black from chrome Thought we would leave it and couldn’t picture it with all black But wow it looks great. Did you do the dechrome yourself? Did you buy it all from Mini? I didn’t realise it was possible to change the trim around the car too!
Congratulations on the purchase!
Nav and comfort are perfect options in my opinion, all very helpful for me.

With regards to the dechrome I bought a package of all trim sets to stick on top of existing chrome. Very easy to do and makes a big difference. Alternative option is to either wrap it or buy separate pieces from MINI but will cost a lot of money.

see attached link below

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.