Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently had some spotlights fitted to my brand new car by my local dealer! However, the wires are showing and are trailing into the engine. For £850 I don't feel like this is good enough?

Is this normal? I feel like they should be tucked underneath the light? However from the initial response from the dealer they seem to be about to push to try and make out as if this is normal?

Any advice? (Photo attached)

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would expect the cables to be protected with black heatshink tubing from the lights and then cable tied to the mounts to feed through the grill.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Definitely shoddy work there and no way should you have been charged £850!
I assume they are LED's which cost me £590 fitted.
Although they are on a JCW with the different grill the wires are routed under the curved mounting brackets so are almost completely hidden.
It's time to name and shame IMO!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had them fitted when I ordered my car from the Milton Keynes Mini Garage. Davo, could you send me a photo of yours so I can send it to the dealer? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
My dealer installed my LED Driving/Rally Lights on my new JCW and there are no visible wires whatsoever...that doesn't look proper to me.

Reactions: Hempy and mdpeters

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Here's a pic of my LED Driving Lights.....close enough to allow you to see the tidy fitment with no exposed wires....hope this helps!

John

Attachments

Reactions: Flunx and Hempy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a pic of my LED Driving Lights.....close enough to allow you to see the tidy fitment with no exposed wires....hope this helps!

John
John,

You are a star. I've also noticed they've scratched the paintwork on the grill.

I've only had the car since Friday. Ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
John,

You are a star. I've also noticed they've scratched the paintwork on the grill.

I've only had the car since Friday. Ridiculous.

Well, right is right...wrong is wrong....(it's really "black & white")...they messed up and owe you a new grill and a proper install or refund you your money and have it done elsewhere properly. Hate it for you! :(

Good luck,

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, right is right...wrong is wrong....(it's really "black & white")...they messed up and owe you a new grill and a proper install or refund you your money and have it done elsewhere properly. Hate it for you! :(

Good luck,

John

Thank you everyone for your help. They've agreed to replace the grill and refit the lights for free! Thanks again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The brown and purple wires from the spotlight can be seen in this way a lot as the spotlights come like that out of the box. I just insulated mine on my R56 but most can be seen in this way unfortunately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts