Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Again,

Been a bit silly, well the Mrs thinks so anyway... Car on the way so excited about that however didn't test with my child.

He is turning 2yrs old - will he have room in the back? Doesn't have a buggy anymore as very confident with his walking!

Car will be used as the main vehicle for now (2 adults + 1 child) will we be ok?

Opinions please!!!! - worst case scenario would be to get rid of the car but wouldn't want to do that! Weekly shop wouldn't have to worry as we get home delivery!

Does anyone in the UK currently have this set up? If so what car seat would you recommend? (Would like something slimline but safe)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi We have a 4 year old she was three when I first got the mini.

She fits in it no problem at all, loads of room - she just demands I put the lights to pink when she is in there.

Its good that you don't need a buggy as most won't fit, we have a mountain buggy which only just fits in our other car an MPV (Its massive)

I did buy a little folding one so it fitted in my previous car (VW UP) and that fits in the mini just fine - although she doesn't need the buggy anymore.

We had a Maxi Cosi Pearl car seat with the Isofix base, she is now in one that straps in via the seat belt and that fits fine too!

The only thing I would say is that whoever sat in front of her when she had the Isofix seat could not push the seat too far back (but its wasn't so much to be uncomfortable and Im six foot) - but to be fair thats true of most cars!

Don't worry keep the car, it will be perfect and you will be surprised what you can fit in the boot too!!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Cory, not a big help here I am waiting that our 2 Daughters load up the wagon and move out. :D:D Are you aware that Mini offers a pretty cool Child Seat to give that little Bugger the best protection possible.

http://m.autoevolution.com/mini-to-launch-new-child-seats-at-frankfurt-66195.html

here is a write up on an R56

http://www.insourcelife.com/infant-and-child-car-seats-in-a-mini-cooper/

and the F56 I bet the wife knows what to do them Girls are smarter than us anyway.:D:D

https://www.cars.com/articles/2014/11/2014-mini-hardtop-car-seat-check/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

I have a 3 door f56 and my 2 children fit in fine (one is 3 and the other is 5). As they got older and their legs were longer we did have to stop using an isofix car seat as it was jutting out too much leaving not much leg room for them, but they are perfectly fine now in a car seat fixed in with the seat belt.

Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
509 Posts
Another One here, 2 kids, 3 and 4 both are very tall, it is a little tight because I'm also tall. We have a 2 door JCW. But definitely doable. Our compromise is we have a second car as the main transport to tow or caravan. The mini wasn't going to cut it pulling nearly 3 tonnes of van.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My kids are 4 and 8, both in booster seats. Because the base of the seat is shallower than the rear bench their legs don't dangle properly into the child's-leg-sized gap behind the rear seats. But pull the front seats forward a notch and it's OK.

If my kids travelled in the car more than just occasionally it wouldn't be acceptable. But they don't, so it's fine

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I used to have 3 kids, a wife and dog also not forgetting the luggage all in a Classic Mini ;)

But even thought the new MINIs are so much bigger I think there is less space as a lot is taken up with airbags and other stuff :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.