Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

while shopping for my first mini cooper today @ Australia Brisbane, the dealer was telling me that in Australia we don't get the full functionalities due to restriction from the government. Is that true?

Found out during the test drive on the new Clubman F54, its mini connect screen indeed only has real limited functions. Cant really remember but there was like 3, 1 is dial to the service center or something like that.

I also found out that we cant have the sign board recognition functions in Australia... And same for the adaptive cruise control... Is that true? If it is then ain't ozzy missing plenty of mini fun? :(

The only use of the central display console seem to be only for bluetooth dialing, music, radio and GPS thou :( Can someone verify this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys,

while shopping for my first mini cooper today @ Australia Brisbane, the dealer was telling me that in Australia we don't get the full functionalities due to restriction from the government. Is that true?

Found out during the test drive on the new Clubman F54, its mini connect screen indeed only has real limited functions. Cant really remember but there was like 3, 1 is dial to the service center or something like that.

I also found out that we cant have the sign board recognition functions in Australia... And same for the adaptive cruise control... Is that true? If it is then ain't ozzy missing plenty of mini fun? :(

The only use of the central display console seem to be only for bluetooth dialing, music, radio and GPS thou :( Can someone verify this?
You can have adaptive cruise control in Aus AFAIK - anyone else comment on this

There are ways to enable mini connected through a purchase of a FSC code and getting it coded into your vehicle.

If you are keen you can PM when you get your car.

Sign board recognition has something to do with the maps database in Australia not being up to date for that functionality. So whilst we have the camera hardware that can detect it if you do code/enable the function into your car you won't actually get the "number" appear in the red circle on your HUD. You will get the red circle showing "--" inside it.

Shitty hey?

ADR need some updating to come into the next century

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
Unfortunately all true except for the adaptive cruise control, it will work as described as it monitors taffic ahead and adjusts the speed to suit. But yes we are hindered greatly here for the greater good of the country, im sure that why we are so far behind the rest of the world.

Anyway, if you have any questions with the purchase etc, just let us know. We are a very helpfull bunch here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, another quick question.

I just saw my mate's F54 and I realized that his rear seat does not have the 40 20 40 split function. That is, the middle piece cannot be pulled down alone unless the other piece, i believe is the left hand seat, comes down together.
I thought those kind of little things should be part of the standard package... no?

D A M * BMW, you want something? You gonna pay for it, lala :(

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
Sorry, cant help you there, mine is a 3 door f56 with 2 baby seats in the back. These seats will not be moving for a long time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi guys, another quick question.

I just saw my mate's F54 and I realized that his rear seat does not have the 40 20 40 split function. That is, the middle piece cannot be pulled down alone unless the other piece, i believe is the left hand seat, comes down together.
I thought those kind of little things should be part of the standard package... no?

D A M * BMW, you want something? You gonna pay for it, lala
I also have two kid seats in the back of my JCW.

Pretty sure the seats fold down in a 60-40 split only on my F56 JCW.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Not sure if it's the same in all markets, but in the US the Clubman 40 20 40 seats is a $250.00 option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts