Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ihave an issue with fuel tank sender , i thing the tank is devided in to 2 section one is the fuel pump and filter , fuel pump side is working sucking all the fuel when its in half the car will not start becuse the othor half of the tank not sending the fuel frm A to B , i realy dont know how the fuel taknk system is working.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think the R56 or any modern Minis have separate fuel tank compartments. The pump does have a filter which might be clogging up intermittently which would cause starting problems. The system is "return-less" as there is no return fuel line back from the engine to the tank. A repair shop can check the fuel pressure and flow rate of the low pressure in-tank pump but there is another high pressure pump at the engine that is more difficult and dangerous to test.

Do you have the "check engine" light on? If so there are stored codes that can be read to help with diagnosis. Needless to say your Minis direct injection fuel system isn't designed for DIY repair. I personally have only worked on the old R53 fuel system which is easier.

·
Registered
768 Posts
What year is the car? 2007 to 2009 S model have well documented issue with the high pressure fuel pump.

·
Registered
768 Posts
There's an extended warranty out on that part.

Yup, just found it. 10 years or 120,000 miles which ever comes first. S model only.

Reactions: hotrunner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank dears
my car is mini copper s s 56 2012

Problem started when car turned off in traffic sign and half engin logo papered loos of power i thoght main HP full pump gone .... Hoever i have taken the car to my home i removed rear seat to check the fuel pump ... I found the tank was empty!,,,,, there is no fuel in it.. when i remove the filter side i found the tank all most full ! I was wending why the fuel from B side doesnt go to A side where the fuel pump located ? And the fuel lines in the dashboard showing 4 lines i fill the tank with 2 galloons and the car start fine... when fuel guge droped from 5 lines to 4 car turned off.
The qustion why the B filter side doesnt fill A side ?

·
Super Moderator
8,744 Posts
We all try to help and theres good knowledge above BUT you would maybe find people with the same or similar issues on a r series forum.this is more f orientared.try total mini or nam perhaps?

·
Registered
768 Posts
For whatever reason your car went into limp mode. Only way to know why is to have the codes pulled.
No idea how the tank is designed, you'll have better luck with that at the North American Motoring forums or forums that cater to R series.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank dears
my car is mini copper s s 56 2012

Problem started when car turned off in traffic sign and half engin logo papered loos of power i thoght main HP full pump gone .... Hoever i have taken the car to my home i removed rear seat to check the fuel pump ... I found the tank was empty!,,,,, there is no fuel in it.. when i remove the filter side i found the tank all most full ! I was wending why the fuel from B side doesnt go to A side where the fuel pump located ? And the fuel lines in the dashboard showing 4 lines i fill the tank with 2 galloons and the car start fine... when fuel guge droped from 5 lines to 4 car turned off.
The qustion why the B filter side doesnt fill A side ?

Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the exact same issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.