Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an email from my dealer to say my Mini has been delayed again! Was due to pick it up next week but apparently it's not due for production until week 40. How many weeks does it take from production to pick-up?

Have asked to have a courtesy car in the meantime because I have been waiting 4 months so far.

Ughhhhh just want my Mini now! :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh no Midnight Black that is so annoying. I can understand your frustration. My dealer has been a bit evasive with details etc but has promised me a phone call today with an update - I'm half expecting another delay! Went on factory tour last week and was told they having a shutdown end of Sept and then takes a week to get back up to speed. Fingers crossed we both get them soon

·
Registered
62 Posts
It seems to be a game of Russian roulette with peoples colour choices. Our build came forward by four weeks; it should have been wk42, when it went scheduled for production it came forward to wk 38 and it actually looks like it was built last week (wk37!)

We tried to change from VO to Midnight Black the day the car went to scheduled - suspect if we had been successful it would have pushed our delivery date back along with yours.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh no Midnight Black that is so annoying. I can understand your frustration. My dealer has been a bit evasive with details etc but has promised me a phone call today with an update - I'm half expecting another delay! Went on factory tour last week and was told they having a shutdown end of Sept and then takes a week to get back up to speed. Fingers crossed we both get them soon
Yeah just not going to get my hopes up again. It will arrive when it arrives. How was the factory your though? :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems to be a game of Russian roulette with peoples colour choices. Our build came forward by four weeks; it should have been wk42, when it went scheduled for production it came forward to wk 38 and it actually looks like it was built last week (wk37!)

We tried to change from VO to Midnight Black the day the car went to scheduled - suspect if we had been successful it would have pushed our delivery date back along with yours.
How strange, but good news for you though. I just thought when you make an order then you are in a queue and other orders can't be put ahead/behind your place in the queue, if that makes sense?

·
Registered
62 Posts
There has to be a logical reason why one UK order experiences such a delay and another comes forward so much.

It has to be either spec or colour; it was the case earlier in the year that specific options were in short supply...there was also the issue of the contrast roof.

·
Registered
65 Posts
my status page says exp delivery week 41
still at status 5055
production week this week!!!
still ill wait for the next update before i get too excited

a friend of the wife just ordered a midnight black one from my dealer they quoted her 10 weeks!!!
dont beleive that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
my status page says exp delivery week 41
still at status 5055
production week this week!!!
still ill wait for the next update before i get too excited

a friend of the wife just ordered a midnight black one from my dealer they quoted her 10 weeks!!!
dont beleive that.
Do you work for BMW Mini Pel? What tool do you have access too that lets you see real time status?

Cheers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Factory tour was excellent Midnight Black - well worth doing. Didn't realise they could make various models/ left hand drive/ right hand drive at same time - so can't understand why the mini one keeps being delayed. I too thought the same as you - order car-> add to queue -> build = happy customer :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you work for BMW Mini Pel? What tool do you have access too that lets you see real time status?

Cheers.
no i don't work for them
just need to ask your dealer
when he puts your order number in
your car comes up with lot of info on front page like
order no. chassis no.(when assigned) order type (mines rc retail customer)
status (this gives a code like 1100 or 1200 or 5055)this is your real time tracker
requested delivery date, requested delivery week,
expected delivery date, expected delivery week, production week.

there is a thread on here 'status 1200 what does it mean?'
in there it has a list of tracking status codes that tells you what stage your car is at.
i have attached my status page my dealer sent to me

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Cheers.

Was aware of how status is tracked and coded, I just took that you were personally able to see build status as our American cousins can...

Thanks anyway.

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
I wonder if it's the mini one that is being delayed? Profit margins and priorities etc? Just wondering-? may be another poll coming up?When I picked my cooper up last week they had lots of stock cooper d's and cooper s's =and I mean 5 or 6 of each, but no mini ones or coopers. Very odd!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder if it's the mini one that is being delayed? Profit margins and priorities etc? Just wondering-? may be another poll coming up?When I picked my cooper up last week they had lots of stock cooper d's and cooper s's =and I mean 5 or 6 of each, but no mini ones or coopers. Very odd!

I had an email from my dealer to say that there was a delay with all Mini One's unfortunately. Very odd to know that some dealerships have some stock left over....I just want my car :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine has also been pushed back to November, will make my wait since order 6 months in total which I think is disgraceful! I'm going to go and pay the dealer a visit, they have extended the courtesy car until then but I'm now thinking about changing my order to a cooper s and asking for some money off the options for the hefty wait I've had to endure!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine has also been pushed back to November, will make my wait since order 6 months in total which I think is disgraceful! I'm going to go and pay the dealer a visit, they have extended the courtesy car until then but I'm now thinking about changing my order to a cooper s and asking for some money off the options for the hefty wait I've had to endure!
Oh no, sorry to hear about your delay! So demotivating when it's delayed isn't it :( Good luck with your visit to the dealer! 6 months is way too long to wait for a car

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if this is partly true - I ordered my MCS late August, got told September 30th delivery. 1st week into September I changed my order to include JCW pack, Chilli Red etc, and the delivery date is now next week.

I can see how they'd want to get more S's and SD's onto the road than C's and One's, because it makes the company look better when they sell more of their higher spec models.

On the flip side, I dare say there's more VO Coopers on order than Chilli Red JCW MCS's.. I don't know how the production lines run, but logic would suggest that the more people that order the same, or very similar spec car, the longer they'll be waiting for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
It seems crazy that some people like Simon72, in another post, get their cars immediately, and then others are forced to wait months and months.
It appears that some dealers have more bargaining power than others, but there isn't a good way to know whether your dealer is one of the chosen. Given how sophisticated the production line is, they should all just be put into the system on a first come, first served basis. Granted, all the different markets worldwide will make that difficult to deliver, but there has to be a fairer way to get the allocations sorted more equitably.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It seems crazy that some people like Simon72, in another post, get their cars immediately, and then others are forced to wait months and months.
It appears that some dealers have more bargaining power than others, but there isn't a good way to know whether your dealer is one of the chosen. Given how sophisticated the production line is, they should all just be put into the system on a first come, first served basis. Granted, all the different markets worldwide will make that difficult to deliver, but there has to be a fairer way to get the allocations sorted more equitably.
Well said QMark!!! :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
after no update from my dealer i popped in today on my way home
'whats the score no update' i said,
'hold on ill just check'
'assembly complete'
your joking i nearly fell off my seat :eek:
status is 5500
still recons i might not get it till october :(
sorry to you all if i make you jealous :D