Mini Cooper Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Have you had any problems with your chargemaster?

I'll be getting one free so I've been doing a bit of research and the reviews aren't good. From long wait times for installation to poor after sales service and app issues.
I have had no issues with my BP Chargemaster wallbox. It was installed as agreed, did a good job and has worked perfectly since.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That's great to hear...thank you! :)
By the way, there is no app for the wall box. The BP Pulse app is for using the BP Pulse charging network and has no connection at all to your home unit. You access your home unit via a webpage. You get an email after the install is completed that lets you set up an account and access the wall box remotely.

·
Registered
731 Posts
By the way, there is no app for the wall box. The BP Pulse app is for using the BP Pulse charging network and has no connection at all to your home unit. You access your home unit via a webpage. You get an email after the install is completed that lets you set up an account and access the wall box remotely.
Thanks mate...I didn't realise that. Smart move by BP really as it'll work on pretty much any device without the need to create and support multiple apps. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Yes one thing re pod point is I can't seem to access it on my PC, just phone.

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
247 Posts
Yes one thing re pod point is I can't seem to access it on my PC, just phone.
Yes, the app is the only way to control it and functionality is currently quite limited. PodPoint told me that they are going to add functionality through the app to control the time of the charge in the same way the car does. Didn't put a timescale on it only that it will be added soon.

·
Super Moderator
7,563 Posts
Don't really need that as the car is clever enough-but would love it to work on windows ! I can feel a letter coming on!

Reactions: Stuts11

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
247 Posts
Don't really need that as the car is clever enough-but would love it to work on windows ! I can feel a letter coming on!
Agreed, it doesn’t really add anything for us as the car already controls it. To be able to access through a browser would be the best thing, similar to the BP one. At least they’re making improvements though!

·
Registered
731 Posts
There is an app but the reviews are really poor. I'll give it a go once BP send my setup email.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have had no issues with my BP Chargemaster wallbox. It was installed as agreed, did a good job and has worked perfectly since.
I have a red LED flashing in my unit. I know the red LED is supposed to indicate a fault but it isn't bright like the amber and green LED's. You can barely see it through the day unless you get close and look directly into the unit. Also, the car is charging absolutely fine.

It does also mention in the manual that the red LED is used to indicate poor signal strength during startup and will also remain permanently on after startup if there is an earth leakage issue. However...this is flashing all the time so it shouldn't be either of those.

I've got a call into BP but I was just wondering if you'd seen it on your unit.

You can see from this night shot that it's nowhere near as bright as the other LED's.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Can’t see it on mine at all.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've just ran the reset procedure......partly to see if the flashing stops but also to see if the red warning LED is working properly. I wondered if it was flashing a warning but maybe the LED was obscured.

Anyway...during the startup procedure the red LED lit up as brightly as the amber LED in the photo above. The flashing is still there but as it's nowhere near as bright as the warning LED so I guess it's something else.

I'm just gonna use it as normal and I'll let you know what BP say.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Can’t see it on mine at all.
Popped out to check on the LED about 20 mins ago. It wasn't flashing. However, whilst I was stood there, it started flashing again. It flashed for a few mins (didn't time it) then stopped. Ran in to get my phone to time how long it stayed off and stood and watched it. I stopped the timer at 10 mins as it's pouring down here but the bottom line is that it's not flashing all the time.

With that in mind, there's a possibility yours just wasn't flashing when you checked. Weird that mine was flashing every time I checked yesterday but I suppose it was just coincidence.

I'm thinking the flashing may be indicating an active data connection when the unit phones home.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Popped out to check on the LED about 20 mins ago. It wasn't flashing. However, whilst I was stood there, it started flashing again. It flashed for a few mins (didn't time it) then stopped. Ran in to get my phone to time how long it stayed off and stood and watched it. I stopped the timer at 10 mins as it's pouring down here but the bottom line is that it's not flashing all the time.

With that in mind, there's a possibility yours just wasn't flashing when you checked. Weird that mine was flashing every time I checked yesterday but I suppose it was just coincidence.

I'm thinking the flashing may be indicating an active data connection when the unit phones home.
I have never seen mine flash or illuminate at all.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts