Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my new British racing green Mini Cooper electric. Using the company salary sacrifice scheme and low BIK rates, leasing is my cheapest option. BUT, as I am leasing, are Mini treating me like a second class citizen?
On placing my order in mid October, delivery date was mid Feb 2022. Not too bad, as local dealer had quoted March on a pcp plan. then today an updated delivery date of 10th June 2022!
any idea why the date would jump back by another 4 months? Feel like I‘m being penalised as leasing and not buying through their network..

·
Premium Member
2020 Mini Electric Cooper S - Level 2 - White Silver / Energetic Yellow
679 Posts
Could be a number of factors, the main one being a shortage of electronic parts which may have affect the build plans.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Delivery dates are all over the place, I ordered in May but I am still waiting, others have ordered in August and already have their cars.

I’m surprised an electric is taking so long as they were prioritising these, maybe they have a backlog of ICE cars they need to do.

I would take the delivery estimate with a pinch of salt though. Have they given you an order number? Lease company’s can be funny about giving those out but if you have got it you can ask the Genius’ on the mini website for updates and they give them pretty instantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Delivery dates are all over the place, I ordered in May but I am still waiting, others have ordered in August and already have their cars.

I’m surprised an electric is taking so long as they were prioritising these, maybe they have a backlog of ICE cars they need to do.

I would take the delivery estimate with a pinch of salt though. Have they given you an order number? Lease company’s can be funny about giving those out but if you have got it you can ask the Genius’ on the mini website for updates and they give them pretty instantly.

hi, thanks for that. Called the leasing company and they admitted the date was an estimate as the build slot had still not been confirmed. So the date could move (earlier or later) but they would check with the dealer. Good news, the build slot is now confirmed and they are expecting to receive the car on the 11th of July, now even later than my June date 😥. No chance it will be earlier (apparently) but of course even this date 9 months after I placed order is not guaranteed! Brexit, covid, or whatever else is to blame, I’ll have to keep the dirty diesel for a few months longer until I join the EV revolution😔

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
191 Posts
The delivery dates do seem to be all over the place now.
I got quoted 8-12 weeks earlier this year and drove it away in just under 8 weeks.
That was less than two months.
My own spec, not an un-wanted delivery or a demonstrator, just new from the factory as I had ordered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. New SE owner (and to this forum). We just picked ours up yesterday after ordering it July 10… finally! But worth the wait as it drives so sweetly :). Lots of console stuff to figure out with the owners manual but I’m down to dig into all of it. But yeah it took a minute to get it. Dealer said our delay was manly due to Harmon Cardon stereo delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts