Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my new British racing green Mini Cooper electric. Using the company salary sacrifice scheme and low BIK rates, leasing is my cheapest option. BUT, as I am leasing, are Mini treating me like a second class citizen?
On placing my order in mid October, delivery date was mid Feb 2022. Not too bad, as local dealer had quoted March on a pcp plan. then today an updated delivery date of 10th June 2022!
any idea why the date would jump back by another 4 months? Feel like I‘m being penalised as leasing and not buying through their network..

·
Premium Member
F56 JCW and Classic
972 Posts
Delivery dates are all over the place, I ordered in May but I am still waiting, others have ordered in August and already have their cars.

I’m surprised an electric is taking so long as they were prioritising these, maybe they have a backlog of ICE cars they need to do.

I would take the delivery estimate with a pinch of salt though. Have they given you an order number? Lease company’s can be funny about giving those out but if you have got it you can ask the Genius’ on the mini website for updates and they give them pretty instantly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Delivery dates are all over the place, I ordered in May but I am still waiting, others have ordered in August and already have their cars.

I’m surprised an electric is taking so long as they were prioritising these, maybe they have a backlog of ICE cars they need to do.

I would take the delivery estimate with a pinch of salt though. Have they given you an order number? Lease company’s can be funny about giving those out but if you have got it you can ask the Genius’ on the mini website for updates and they give them pretty instantly.

hi, thanks for that. Called the leasing company and they admitted the date was an estimate as the build slot had still not been confirmed. So the date could move (earlier or later) but they would check with the dealer. Good news, the build slot is now confirmed and they are expecting to receive the car on the 11th of July, now even later than my June date 😥. No chance it will be earlier (apparently) but of course even this date 9 months after I placed order is not guaranteed! Brexit, covid, or whatever else is to blame, I’ll have to keep the dirty diesel for a few months longer until I join the EV revolution😔

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
487 Posts
The delivery dates do seem to be all over the place now.
I got quoted 8-12 weeks earlier this year and drove it away in just under 8 weeks.
That was less than two months.
My own spec, not an un-wanted delivery or a demonstrator, just new from the factory as I had ordered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow. That's not good. We are about to press the button on similar (Level 2, BRG, Black roof, mirrors, & wheels). We were told March/April. June really isn't good at all !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. New SE owner (and to this forum). We just picked ours up yesterday after ordering it July 10… finally! But worth the wait as it drives so sweetly :). Lots of console stuff to figure out with the owners manual but I’m down to dig into all of it. But yeah it took a minute to get it. Dealer said our delay was manly due to Harmon Cardon stereo delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered my SE on September 15th. BRG, Black roof/mirrors, L2 spec. Got a phone call yesterday saying it had been delivered to the dealer - I get the impression that they were just as surprised as me. Picking it up next Wednesday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered my SE on September 15th. BRG, Black roof/mirrors, L2 spec. Got a phone call yesterday saying it had been delivered to the dealer - I get the impression that they were just as surprised as me. Picking it up next Wednesday.
Exactly the spec we just ordered (with 16" Black wheels too). I'm really hoping that I get a nice surprise like that ! I had a weird dream about it last night, where the dealer called me to say the car was ready just a few days after I'd ordered it - think that was wishful thinking ...

·
Registered
138 Posts

I ordered my level 1 end of April and had it delivered early October..

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered my enigmatic black Level 3 at the start of October and was told it should arrive in March, but not to expect even a build number until January. I then got an email from my dealer at the end of October with a build number, then another dealer email in mid November telling me it was tracking to arrive just in time for Christmas! According to a Mini Genius I spoke to last week it’s being built this week and should get to the dealer next week, so fingers crossed it’ll go as planned and I’ll have it soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a call from my dealer yesterday cancelling my collection which was set for tomorrow. Apparently BMW have issued a worldwide delivery stop on all electric Minis. The dealer has no information on why or how long, presumably they've discovered a software error somewhere that needs fixing.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I ordered my enigmatic black Level 3 at the start of October and was told it should arrive in March, but not to expect even a build number until January. I then got an email from my dealer at the end of October with a build number, then another dealer email in mid November telling me it was tracking to arrive just in time for Christmas! According to a Mini Genius I spoke to last week it’s being built this week and should get to the dealer next week, so fingers crossed it’ll go as planned and I’ll have it soon.
Do you know if it is coming with all the kit on it, Harmon Kardon etc?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a call from my dealer yesterday cancelling my collection which was set for tomorrow. Apparently BMW have issued a worldwide delivery stop on all electric Minis. The dealer has no information on why or how long, presumably they've discovered a software error somewhere that needs fixing.
My dealership has told me that it is due to SOS call out in the car. Software patch will be delivered on the 14th December. I pick up 15th

·
Registered
67 Posts
I checked on the HK issue with the dealer when they advised it was moving up the list and got this response:
“No need to worry sorry the car will definitely have it.

MINI have replied saying the following:

In May 2021 we communicated that, as a result of the ongoing Semi-Conductor shortage which is creating challenges for the car industry worldwide, we were no longer able to offer Harman Kardon (674) with immediate effect. While we are still unable to offer it as an optional extra at this time, we have been able to secure the parts to reinstate it on the MINI Electric models for which it was previously included as standard. Therefore, from Production Week 35 (September) onwards MINI Electric Level 3, MINI Electric Collection and MINI Electric Shadow Edition will all receive Harman Kardon as standard again. Pricing will be unaffected as we did not make any amends previously due to the temporary nature of the removal.”

If it’s not there after getting this response I’m going to be very disappointed!

1 - 20 of 451 Posts