Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
341 - 360 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Stay positive! I've just had some better news. MINI has confirmed a new date with my dealer.

The potential build date for my MINI SE has now been brought forward from December to July, a big improvement. I guess the date will possibly move again but at least its looking better at the moment.
When did you order. I ordered a level 2 in early January and so far have had build dates in April , May and July. Last week it reverted to no production date.

·
Registered
157 Posts
But how was it December in the first place?
Not unusual I think for the UK. However from reading the other posts on the forum, recent orders for the US and Canada look to have shorter delays than elsewhere. My dealer advised me when I had the test drive delivery could be early 2023. MINI confirmed a build date of December following my order submitted by the dealer in mid April.

·
Registered
157 Posts
When did you order. I ordered a level 2 in early January and so far have had build dates in April , May and July. Last week it reverted to no production date.
I ordered a MINI SE Level 3 just before Easter in mid April, with confirmation from MINI the week after Eastter.

Perhaps they are able to build with Level 3 harnesses and have supply problems for Level 2?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just checked again on Mini Live chat and my early January order is still awaiting a production date . My dealer has today said - “Not yet as the model codes are changing and they have to change all the models over”. Sounds like a lot of internal reorganisation is going on behind the scenes.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just been back on Mini Live Chat and my Level 2 order ( placed in early January) is still awaiting a production date having previously had dates in April, May and July. I am now getting pretty fed up and particularly when US customers seem to be getting cars much more quickly.

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
447 Posts
USA is a much bigger market, I'm surprised they haven't opened a plant out there or setup a partnership with a USA manufacturer.
UK seems to be luck of the draw - I was lucky and got mine in just under 8 weeks last year.

·
Registered
317 Posts
USA is a much bigger market, I'm surprised they haven't opened a plant out there or setup a partnership with a USA manufacturer.
UK seems to be luck of the draw - I was lucky and got mine in just under 8 weeks last year.
I think that BMW take the view that US customers will not tolerate a wait of months for a new car whereas we mugs in the U.K. will just meekly accept whatever comes our way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
At the risk of upsetting MarkYorks, we were told on Friday that ours was built and was in QC. Dealer hopes to get it some time this week, so we should be able to collect at the weekend or early next week. We ordered in December, after a bit of faffing around (we cancelled our original order and moved to a dealer that wasn't ... er ... wasn't ... "having a laugh"), so if MarkYorks ordered in January hopefully he will get his end June/early July.

I think you are right about BMW seeing the USA as a more important (or lucrative) market. I have also read on here that a lot of the variation in the UK is due to the different dealerships having a pre-defined number of build slots per month. Once those are sold, you go in the next month's allocation. But will a dealer ever tell you how many slots they have left that month ? Unlikely ...

·
Registered
317 Posts
At the risk of upsetting MarkYorks, we were told on Friday that ours was built and was in QC. Dealer hopes to get it some time this week, so we should be able to collect at the weekend or early next week. We ordered in December, after a bit of faffing around (we cancelled our original order and moved to a dealer that wasn't ... er ... wasn't ... "having a laugh"), so if MarkYorks ordered in January hopefully he will get his end June/early July.

I think you are right about BMW seeing the USA as a more important (or lucrative) market. I have also read on here that a lot of the variation in the UK is due to the different dealerships having a pre-defined number of build slots per month. Once those are sold, you go in the next month's allocation. But will a dealer ever tell you how many slots they have left that month ? Unlikely ...
That’s good news. Have E mailed my dealer to see if they can offer any glimmer of hope.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My dealer has today e mailed to say my level 2 order now has a rescheduled production date of week 36 ie w/c 5th September. Originally it was April, then May and then 4th July.

·
Registered
317 Posts

Unfortunately it looks like it will be September as my build week is now week 36 ☹

·
Registered
41 Posts
It arrived at the New Jersey VPC this morning Not expected to move again until 4/20 and dealer delivery Saturday 4/23.. it’s crazy that a storm in the Atlantic in mid march made them reroute the ship enroute and it’s delayed my delivery by a month… it’s not just crazy chip shortages or wiring harness delays that will change schedule so quickly.. View attachment 78268
Curious - did your SE ever go through this process at the Baltimore VPC? Or was this the only time you know that it was processed through a VPC?

My sales person sent me a similar screenshot of mine at the Baltimore VPC, but I'm just confused as to how it's all happening so quickly after arriving at port (mine arrived at Baltimore port on May 28th and is apparently already processed and on a truck). Just wondering if there isn't some other step that'll happen before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Small update from the local BMW / Mini dealer - (my neighbour is the head of sales).
The production of the electric versions are getting priority. This is also partly because there are more issues with component supply for the ICE (also including hybrids).
Lead-time for electric is remaining at 6-9 months ICE 'more than 1 year' However it does depend on which version and options. As previously reported, there are some electronics shortages for some options which makes production scheduling difficult.
The picture is confused because of the dealer pre-ordering and allocated slots.

341 - 360 of 402 Posts