Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
361 - 380 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Also they could be favouring the higher finition levels because they make more margin?
I wish that was the case. My level 3 ordered in April has been moved from July to September.
I originally thought the same. Higher value cars could be taking priority, along with the sales demands of MINI Oxford satisfying the split in UK/US/other exports, followed finally by trying to satisfy the various UK dealer needs.
I think there is probably no logic and they are just scheduling on a day to day basis as the parts supply issues are struggled with. I'm resigned to thinking unless the build date is imminent the longer lead times will just be a best guess on the part of MINI.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I wish that was the case. My level 3 ordered in April has been moved from July to September.
I originally thought the same. Higher value cars could be taking priority, along with the sales demands of MINI Oxford satisfying the split in UK/US/other exports, followed finally by trying to satisfy the various UK dealer needs.
I think there is probably no logic and they are just scheduling on a day to day basis as the parts supply issues are struggled with. I'm resigned to thinking unless the build date is imminent the longer lead times will just be a best guess on the part of MINI.
It might be worth you checking again on Mini Live Chat. It seems that production dates were rescheduled on 31st May. A week ago my level 2 order was scheduled for 5th September but when I checked again on 3rd June it had come forward to 4th July. Having said that i did order in early January compared to your April order.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It might be worth you checking again on Mini Live Chat. It seems that production dates were rescheduled on 31st May. A week ago my level 2 order was scheduled for 5th September but when I checked again on 3rd June it had come forward to 4th July. Having said that i did order in early January compared to your April order.
I checked this morning MarkYorks.

From MINI chat it is estimated to begin production on the week starting on the 22nd of August and should be delivered on the week starting on the 5th of September.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I checked this morning MarkYorks.

From MINI chat it is estimated to begin production on the week starting on the 22nd of August and should be delivered on the week starting on the 5th of September.
Sunbar and MarkYorks
I have previously posted that I ordered my Mini Electric Level 3 on 13 April 2022 and Mini chat told me w/c 4 July 2022 for production and the dealer told me 13/09/2022. My infrequent messages to the dealer go unanswered all the time and I have no intention of changing to another dealer just so I can join another queue and absolve the current dealer of any responsibilty. I have used the mini chat in the UK (because I am based in the UK) and really, they try their best to help me but it should not be a substitute for having a dialogue with your own dealer (who by the way will benefit from your purchase and knows exactly the spec you ordered). Your dealer knows why the deadline keeps moving and should communicate this to you/us - I think/hope?.. Since this meaningful open dialogue is not happening - it appears to me that the best way to understand why the deadline keeps moving (in the UK) is to ascertain the following in (no specific order) 1. who is the dealer? 2. what spec did you order & date 3. what were the add ons to the spec after the original order and the date ; 3. what were all the dates given for production and how have all these dates changed. If we the community - then kept a note of this - we can maybe see a pattern for ourselves and have an understanding for the moving timelines - just a thought because clearly none of us know the real reason the dates keep changing. Maybe some dealerships have priority over others with increased production slots. I am guessing but it seems ridiculous not to be given any explanation for production schedule changes by your own dealer and have to guess the reason why.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine was also scheduled July 4th but changed this morning to week starting July 11th..Hope it doesn't keep moving back...
Good morning. An update about my delivery date from the helpful Mini chat agent today (dealer has generally gone radio silent). Initially w/c 4 July (2022)- now w/c 18 July (2022). Last update on production system was 31 May by Mini .Further questions to the agent - Me - "how often are the production schedules updated - weekly/daily - any specific reason or a moving feast?" Response: -
"They are always estimated and do not have a fixed schedule on when they are updated. the changes are due to the logistical demands, shortage of semi-conductor chips and Ukraine war. The idea is to keep the estimate, however, it may not able be possible. These are factors that are causing the changes, in comparison to few years back, where the estimates are accurately met and some cars were delivered sooner. The first change started from the COVID-19 outbreak"

It appears to me that the estimated production dates given for our cars are not worthy upon being relied on. The Ukraine war was given as the reason when the dealer emailed me and tried to squeeze more money - see post "Premium plus versus Premium" and that was a load of baloney when he was challenged because my Level 3 Mini spec was unaffected by the Ukraine war and the dealer said he was forced to send out this generic email.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just checked on Mini Live Chat to see if there had been any change in my Level 2 production date since last checked on 3rd June and told that there was no change and production still scheduled for 4th July.

·
Registered
157 Posts
From previous posts it appears the last update on confirmed by MINI chat on their production system was 31 May?

It would be useful I guess if when asking for a specific order's expected build date, that we all routinely ask MINI chat when the last update to the system occurred and let other members know if it changes.

It could then signal to other members if they are likely to have the latest data, or (if the system update date has changed) we then each make a new request about our car's progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey @WhatTheDickens just wondering if this worked for you? Based in Ireland too. Many thanks! S
Hi
Yes it did but. I didn't have the order number when I posted this. I only got my order number on Monday this week.
I contacted the mini uk site in the little pop up window and they could see my order.
They tell you to regular keep coming back to them to see if it has any updates.
My car is at 047. It moves to 111/112 meaning its scheduled for build. 150 is in production

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Yes it did but. I didn't have the order number when I posted this. I only got my order number on Monday this week.
I contacted the mini uk site in the little pop up window and they could see my order.
They tell you to regular keep coming back to them to see if it has any updates.
My car is at 047. It moves to 111/112 meaning its scheduled for build. 150 is in production
Fantastic thanks for this, I will find out my order number from my dealer too. Mine was due for July but I’m quite uncertain now.
Best of luck with your mini!

361 - 380 of 402 Posts