Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
381 - 400 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good news - when did you order?

I have an L3 on order as well (from mid-April) so curious on your timing!
18th of May 2022
Have you done your paperwork?
On the paperwork you will see the commission number.
This is your order number. You can go on to the mini UK site and start a live chat and ask them for a update. They will need your order number.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all - first post. Can see I’m not the only one whose order has been continually pushed back.

I placed my order for a Level 1 in November 2021 at which point I was told it would be ready in March. This has obviously continually rolled back with various dates given. I was then told on the 23rd of May that Mini was no longer offering the Level 1 and that I either had to pay more to upgrade to the Level 2 or cancel my order (and start again from scratch with another car/brand). Since we had our hearts set on the Mini, not to mention the price of electric cars continuing to rise alongside lead times we agreed to pay more for the Level 2. We were told that it would be ready for a July delivery at this point.

Cut to this week and we have now been informed that the new delivery estimate is w/c 30th October - almost a year since we placed our order.

Experience with Mini at this point has been abysmal to say the least - we are now having to pay more and are still without a car and to be honest I have no faith of there being an end in sight. Meanwhile prices of other cars that we were also considering in November have went up substantially and had we known that we would have waited 7 months to then be told to cough up more or end up back to square one we certainly would have taken a different path.

Has anyone else been waiting this long since order or had a similar experience?

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
447 Posts
Has anyone else been waiting this long since order or had a similar experience?
No but I bought last spring - ordered May, collected July.

That was before recent world events, the CV-19 pandemic was having minimal impact on production early last year but a lot more knock-on effects now, the war in Ukraine (where lots of the parts come from) and a massive increase in demand for EVs (partly down to rocketing fuel prices from the Russia/Ukraine issues).

And BMW seem to be favouring overseas markets with their limited production capacity.

Reading this forum, and other EV related ones, you are certainly not alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Well it’s 7 months since I started this thread back in November and 8 months since I placed my order with the leasing company. Back then I did wonder if as a lease customer, I was being bumped down the queue. Considering the posts from all corners of the globe and especially from our North American cousins, that seemed to be a possibility. Well today, my first update from the dealer in months really answers that question. With my date of 17th July fast approaching and as at the end of last week my mini still showing build to start week commencing 4th July, I decided to check in with my dealer, as I felt the delivery date was not achievable, but hoping to be told it would at least be July somtime. Now I won’t name the dealer yet….. however after many calls not returned over the last week, I told the receptionist today that as a customer I really wanted to speak to someone re my order. Once I was finally put through to someone, the chap ran through my order, and told me my mini (when ordered was BRG) colour was grey😳👽 He first challenged me when I I said it should be BRG, saying no thats not what was ordered. ( I had their confirmation email in front of me) After he promised to call me back, he did, only to confirm that while yes I had ordered BRG, but due to changes by mini, they had changed the colour. When I asked why no one had informed me, or given me other options, I didn’t get a straight response. Order can only be changed before status 111 and when I went onto mini chat, they confirmed my (grey) mini was beyond the point of any changes. Now I am sure many on here have grey and love the colour. But after expecting BRG for 8 months, I’m now struggling to get excited about the car, even considering cancelling after this long wait. I fully understand the issues Mini have faced with chips, Ukraine war etc and my mini colour is insignificant when compared to what is happening in Ukraine. But mini / dealership have again shown contempt for their customer base. I’m awaiting a senior manager to call me back tomorrow. Not holding my breath that I have too many options. As keen as I am to have an electric mini, patience has run out😥😟

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
447 Posts
The sad/bad thing is that if you did the ethically correct thing of cancelling because of the un-wanted, un-authorised colour change, BMW will have no problem just passing it to one of their many dealers who are desperate to get one, whatever the colour, for customers who don't want to wait over seven months.
And they would probably sell it at a higher price than you agreed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
The sad/bad thing is that if you did the ethically correct thing of cancelling because of the un-wanted, un-authorised colour change, BMW will have no problem just passing it to one of their many dealers who are desperate to get one, whatever the colour, for customers who don't want to wait over seven months.
And they would probably sell it at a higher price than you agreed.
Absolutely, it’s a no win for me, no lose for corporate BMW..

·
Registered
MINI Electric Camden 2023
4 Posts
What a hassle. Very special to have to experience this. Ordering a new car should be a festive experience, even if it is a lease car.
I had the same thing with the options being dropped and whether I wanted to sign for the new configuration. Otherwise the order reservation in the factory went to someone else. The dealer really did his best to find a stock car or come up with other alternatives. MINI Netherlands insisted on re-ordering the car and did not cooperate with alternative MINI's or compensation. Take it or leave it. Fortunately for us, the dealer still made it a pleasant experience by helping us through this unusual experience.

I hope everything will turn out alright with the color of the MINI but I Think the dealer made a mistake when ordering the MINI.
If it is really the case that the factory adjusts the color without consultation. What is the next thing they change? Oh sorry, you ordered a Cooper SE but we have changed it to a Cooper One because the batteries are no longer available. And it's purple with a gold trim. We still had that paint in stock and Midnight Black isn't.:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well it’s 7 months since I started this thread back in November and 8 months since I placed my order with the leasing company. Back then I did wonder if as a lease customer, I was being bumped down the queue. Considering the posts from all corners of the globe and especially from our North American cousins, that seemed to be a possibility. Well today, my first update from the dealer in months really answers that question. With my date of 17th July fast approaching and as at the end of last week my mini still showing build to start week commencing 4th July, I decided to check in with my dealer, as I felt the delivery date was not achievable, but hoping to be told it would at least be July somtime. Now I won’t name the dealer yet….. however after many calls not returned over the last week, I told the receptionist today that as a customer I really wanted to speak to someone re my order. Once I was finally put through to someone, the chap ran through my order, and told me my mini (when ordered was BRG) colour was grey😳👽 He first challenged me when I I said it should be BRG, saying no thats not what was ordered. ( I had their confirmation email in front of me) After he promised to call me back, he did, only to confirm that while yes I had ordered BRG, but due to changes by mini, they had changed the colour. When I asked why no one had informed me, or given me other options, I didn’t get a straight response. Order can only be changed before status 111 and when I went onto mini chat, they confirmed my (grey) mini was beyond the point of any changes. Now I am sure many on here have grey and love the colour. But after expecting BRG for 8 months, I’m now struggling to get excited about the car, even considering cancelling after this long wait. I fully understand the issues Mini have faced with chips, Ukraine war etc and my mini colour is insignificant when compared to what is happening in Ukraine. But mini / dealership have again shown contempt for their customer base. I’m awaiting a senior manager to call me back tomorrow. Not holding my breath that I have too many options. As keen as I am to have an electric mini, patience has run out😥😟
There is no logic as to why some people receive such an appalling service from their dealership. My view is that those dealerships simply don't care because they think we are desperate for their product and we can take it or leave it. There is always a hierarchy at the dealership so keep going until you find the right individual in this food chain & get the satisfactory response you are entitled to - why? because the people higher up this chain really don't want to deal with us challenging customers. I am of the view that there will be some named individual in corporate BMW who is wide awake and realise it's not ok to be routinely dishing out a crappy service. So upwards and onwards Rosco101

·
Registered
157 Posts
Are you still on w/c 4th July. My 4th July production week has now slipped to 11th
MarkYorks, how recently did you find out about the date slipping? I enquired at the weekend without any date change

When I last asked on MINI chat, although my date was build start date was unchanged starting 22 August, they did say it could happen earlier. However I put that down do them trying to improve any customer reactions. I'm more concerned if the dates start slipping yet again.

·
Registered
317 Posts
MarkYorks, how recently did you find out about the date slipping? I enquired at the weekend without any date change

When I last asked on MINI chat, although my date was build start date was unchanged starting 22 August, they did say it could happen earlier. However I put that down do them trying to improve any customer reactions. I'm more concerned if the dates start slipping yet again.
I checked yesterday. The previous week it was the 4th July ( as it had been for a few weeks) but yesterday it had slipped back to 11th.

381 - 400 of 402 Posts