Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others I‘ve never paid list price for a ICE car before, however when getting quotes via CARWOW, all I get back is the price less the OLEV discount from all MINI dealers (& the usual contact us to discuss routine). Has the OLEV grant killed the discount? If most EV mini buyers have effectively paid full price (minus the Govt discount) then obviously it is what it is but just wanted confirmation from you guys, many thanks..

·
Registered
Mini Cooper SE
323 Posts
Unfortunately, I was told several times by our dealer that Mini would not discount the car and neither would the dealer. I did a bit of research and as you found it was a common theme elsewhere. Disappointing but I guess I found it easier to accept based on the fact that I was getting the grant and it would be the same wherever I went to get one.

·
Super Moderator
7,820 Posts
There is a waiting list and selling like hotcakes,not even. A decent px for us let alone discount.

Reactions: hudson01

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, full price minus the Gov discount.
Haggled for more money for my trade in instead.
Appreciate all the replies, so my thanks to you all. Had a feeling it was just the grant but wanted to make doubly sure. 😎👍🏻

·
Registered
4 Posts
Appreciate all the replies, so my thanks to you all. Had a feeling it was just the grant but wanted to make doubly sure. 😎👍🏻
Full price less NY State and Federal credits, for the standard SE, seems like a very good deal here in NY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too, I didn't pay for that one. I don't know how you are feeling those guys who are paying it, haha. Yeah, carwow it's my favorite one from the first use. New services that I didn't use yet, I'm choosing very wisely. And that sometimes is saving you money. Even from these valuable tips, I didn't expect that they would help me somehow. Tips are tips and always will be. It's like working on a scheme.

·
Registered
Mini Electric level 2 - 2021
144 Posts
I tried carwow, only one at the time in Hull, £300 discount but approx £200 in taxis and various train fares and a day of my time from Suffolk, and it was some previous order colours and no wall charger.

BMW have realised that these are not the kind of model to dump loads of excess onto the market, if you want a new one, pay full price. Best you may get is a "free" wall charger and then you will have all the fun of the survey and him/her saying "that's going to be difficult" (yes, that's where I am two months later).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried a few brokers to no avail. They all said no one is getting a discount not even them.
Some hard bargaining got me £440 off list - not much but better in my pocket.
Saw huge differences in PX offers too, one was nearly £2k less than my chosen dealer.

VIN assigned and car goes into build w/c 27/9

·
Registered
98 Posts
The broker I spoke to (and a couple of the dealers) said that BMW told them all ‘no discounts’. However, more than one dealer I rang would discount - some more than others.

edit: nothing like the levels a fossil-car discount looks like though but then most of them count the £2500 grant as a discount. I’m talking on top of that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
As already mentioned £2.2k off if you can access BMW'S military, armed forces, teachers etc discount scheme.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts