Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do understand what the MEP does and how you can change colors by flipping the switch to whatever color you prefer but has anybody found the 255 color settings like Mini claims on there site or do they refer that you can hit the switch 255 times and the color just changes enough that you can not see it with the naked eye? The Owners Manual is not very clear about that one. My door panels only light up around door handles and of course the footwell and centerstack I do not have the rest of the light package above the armrest.:confused::redface:

Adjustable mood lighting is a signature MINI touch. With 12 settings and 255 colors, this lighting accents the doors, footwell and center stack.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
I really don't believe it has 255 colours. If it does, it cant be picked up by the human eye.

·
Registered
763 Posts
My MCS has LEDs in the door card pockets, window switches and the door handles. If you buy the MINI Yours interior trims you get the additional light piping in the door arches but even then I think that 255 colors is a stretch.

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well me offer a very geeky answer to the 255 colors. This number is suspicious as its FF in hexadecimal speak or all 8 bits are set to 1s. While humans can't see all these variations, as pointed out above, they still exist digitally :)

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Well me offer a very geeky answer to the 255 colors. This number is suspicious as its FF in hexadecimal speak or all 8 bits are set to 1s. While humans can't see all these variations, as pointed out above, they still exist digitally :)
I thought that ;) :laugh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you hold the switch forward or backwards that changes the colour after a few seconds it will flash and then it will cycle through the colours in the appropriate places in the car. You can then see the different shades of the colours. If you press the switch again it seems to then to stop at the particular shade. So this is probably how they account for 255 colours.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alan thank you I knew you can changes colors by flippn the switch but I was not aware it will cycle thru. You learn something new on this forum all the day. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
All you need then is a mini disco ball to hang from the rear vision mirror and it's a party on wheels ;)

Reactions: Evlkarl

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like someone is showing their age (disco). Just make sure your flares dont get caught in the door.:D
Ouch!

Didn't you know everything old is in again? Otherwise how do you explain hipsters? (Although if I never see another set of flares or beaded fringes it'll be too soon)

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Saddo me; product of late 70's early 80s school disco music, but i have my moodlights set to scroll continuously-just like the effect and because 'i can'. Mate of mine was very fed up -bought a 09 plate r series cabriolet-owner hadnt specified the mood lights-so no pretty twinkles my precious!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Saddo me; product of late 70's early 80s school disco music, but i have my moodlights set to scroll continuously-just like the effect and because 'i can'. Mate of mine was very fed up -bought a 09 plate r series cabriolet-owner hadnt specified the mood lights-so no pretty twinkles my precious!
Me too! I couldn't decide on a colour, and just because I could, I do !

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I refuse to fund a company that sells car lashes. Literally the worst idea in the world. I'll stick to my blueberry Jelly Belly!
No no it's the disco ball!!:D

And what's a Jelly Belly?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts