Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following the recent throttle mod, exhaust upgrade and addition of a piggyback power module, I decided to add a high-flow air intake to the car.

I chose the NM Engineering kit which was supplied by the local (Australian) distributor, a guy by the name of Evans at BLK Motorsport.

It arrived from Melbourne in two days and (thankfully for a non-techo like me) was very straight-forward to fit. I was done and dusted in around 40 minutes.

Initial impressions? Well it's the first time I've had a vehicle with a modified air intake and it's the sound that brought an immediate smile to my face. Time will tell what it does for performance. The kit itself looks and feels very high quality and, aesthetically, the included red Neuspeed NEU.340 P-Flow filter looks quite at home under the bonnet.

;)

DJ

Attachments

· Registered
90 Posts
Following the recent throttle mod, exhaust upgrade and addition of a piggyback power module, I decided to add a high-flow air intake to the car.

I chose the NM Engineering kit which was supplied by the local (Australian) distributor, a guy by the name of Evans at BLK Motorsport.

It arrived from Melbourne in two days and (thankfully for a non-techo like me) was very straight-forward to fit. I was done and dusted in around 40 minutes.

Initial impressions? Well it's the first time I've had a vehicle with a modified air intake and it's the sound that brought an immediate smile to my face. Time will tell what it does for performance. The kit itself looks and feels very high quality and, aesthetically, the included red Neuspeed NEU.340 P-Flow filter looks quite at home under the bonnet.

;)

DJ

What throttle mod did you do?

· Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, familiar with the product. Was hoping for something along the lines of a bigger throttle body or some modification to the existing unit. My old muscle car days are showing ?
Oooooooh... that's *way* out of my league mate. Hehehe.

My first car, back in 1992, was a 1976 Leyland MINI Clubman. I remember reading a magazine article about modifying the throttle body and naively thought "I COULD DO THAT!"

I couldn't. The car sat in the driveway at home for three weeks until I could afford to pay for a tow truck and mechanic to fix my "improvements" ;)

DJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.