Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the official Mini part number, I want to use the 'connected' feature. Does anyone have any experiences to share

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that and ok for music but not mini connected app. When I attempt to launch t
he app on the phone it says the lead is not recognised.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Annoyingly I haven't got my car at the moment or I would try my iPhone 4 cradle in the MINI to see if it does work or not

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For Mini connectivity you need to contact your dealer about accessories that's what it says on the website, currently the link to 'connectivity' indicates the page is down and no information available. I have asked my dealer and he says they do not have approved y cables or cradles as these are in development

My question was has anyone ever been provided with an official lead by Mini or the dealer network

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is because older versions of iDrive didn't have the correct chip in the combox. Hence the box in the y lead contains a chip and costs a lot. With new BMW iDrives and the new F56, the chip is built into the car. What basically happens is that if you put a y cable in an F56, it decodes the data twice, and will not work. Just use genuine USB socket, and it will work fine, as the chip is already built in. Trust me

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have tried using the official iPhone 5s cable to get Mini Connected App to work, but no luck.
Kept saying it can't find iphone?!!
Any idea?! tips?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Note that the USB cable does not provide all of the Connected functions: "Plugin" and video out are missing. Unless you have some sort of y-cable?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts