Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had this email

Hi Mr Clark,

Just a quick email with regards to your Challenge 210.
I have been looking through our records and the MINI is due for a Quality Enhancement.
I can also see that you aren’t local to ourselves, but if you give your local dealer a call they will be able to organise a booking for you.

If you need any further information from us however, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thanks

As it turns out it's the crankshaft bearings need changing so it's really a re-call, just thought I would put this up to make sure people new about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
That's taken a while to contact you. Mine were changed early October. Luckily my engine/gearbox were ok anyway :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm assuming it's all f56 models, but definitely cooper s and JCW models, mine is 2015 so not sure when they rectified the problem on the production line, I would call your local mini dealer and give them your reg and they can find out for you, hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had this crankshaft bearing problem on a cooper s I had (November 2014 registered) and the engine needed replacing. This was probably one of the exceptions (and I gave the keys back as I has just purchased the used car two or three weeks before) but do get it checked.

Thought they would have fixed this issue the end of 2014. Didn't know it affects 15 plates too unless it's old stock engines. Have no idea.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Friend of mine with F55 S registered May 2015 just had recall letter, she said it might be crank bearings or engine.

I rang my dealer on Friday re paint scuff problem and asked if my July 15 F56 S was included and she said it was not, seems a bit random. Both 6Sp Manual.

·
Registered
508 Posts
You've got to admire the eternal optimism of those making official communications - everything is always positive, not negative. But then I guess getting new crank bearings instead of the existing ones failing is a 'quality enhancement'.

I might have called it 'fault-fixing' but then what do I know?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
"quality enhancement"....nice.

Way to put a positive spin on it. (seriously...or not..I'm not sure yet lol)

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
How are you getting on with MINI UK?
Decided to start with the dealership manager first, see what they can bring to the table.
After emailing him at 10pm Friday night, he was on the phone at 09:04 Saturday morning. I take this swift response as positive. He's also disappointed at the catalogue of disasters and is promising ot make amends. So we'll see what transpires this week. At the very least, I'd like a FOC 4th year warranty....peace of mind for my ownership and if they pull their finger out, it shouldn't actually cost them anything. I don't aim to make anything out of this, just a fault free cat to enjoy.

We'll see what happens. Thanks for your help, those emails gave me the tone I needed to follow at least. Hard to write, but hopefully it's worked!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Decided to start with the dealership manager first, see what they can bring to the table.
After emailing him at 10pm Friday night, he was on the phone at 09:04 Saturday morning. I take this swift response as positive. He's also disappointed at the catalogue of disasters and is promising ot make amends. So we'll see what transpires this week. At the very least, I'd like a FOC 4th year warranty....peace of mind for my ownership and if they pull their finger out, it shouldn't actually cost them anything. I don't aim to make anything out of this, just a fault free cat to enjoy.

We'll see what happens. Thanks for your help, those emails gave me the tone I needed to follow at least. Hard to write, but hopefully it's worked!
Good stuff I'm glad I was somewhat of assistance, I hope you get the outcome you deserve. I'd potentially ask for some monetary compensation as well, don't just settle for the extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Good stuff I'm glad I was somewhat of assistance, I hope you get the outcome you deserve. I'd potentially ask for some monetary compensation as well, don't just settle for the extended warranty.
I did what you suggested and listed time wasted, fuel/mileage and even the fact that it's almost a months worth of finance for the 21 days they car's not been in my possession.
I don't intend to make any money out of them and I certainly don't intend for them to have a crystal ball if future issues arise.
It's not too much to ask for a fault free car .... I've been waiting 19 months already :)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I did what you suggested and listed time wasted, fuel/mileage and even the fact that it's almost a months worth of finance for the 21 days they car's not been in my possession.
I don't intend to make any money out of them and I certainly don't intend for them to have a crystal ball if future issues arise.
It's not too much to ask for a fault free car .... I've been waiting 19 months already :)
You wouldn't be making money.. You'd just be getting a refund in essence, but anyway see what they come back with they might surprise you! >:D

·
Super Moderator
8,749 Posts
You're def not 'making'
Add up your time taken to and from dealer time without the car nearly a month ,so one payment ,and you'll be amazed what it would add up to. Were it the dealer he'd be charging you 100/ hour!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.