Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody I have a strange question...i want to have a result like the photo of the mini countryman below...I want to have between the two back seats a place to put my snowboards or skis... Can i cut the original back of the seat (like the photo with red line) or this will destroy my seat ...? Can i fit the backs from another model so they are more narrow so I have the space I want? Any idea? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Just get some roof bars and a rack? Surely you'll be hindering visibility sticking some giant skis or snow boards through the middle of your F56? I struggle to get anything longer than 1.5m in the back of mine with the seats down.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Roof rack or laying the seats down are your only reasonable options. I haven't tried but will a snowboard even fit in a F56?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
I am petty sure you could but you'd need a really clever upholsterer plus would it be strong enough etc etc. Can of Worms. Get some roof bars!you could wreck your car!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Not only are you ruining your seat/car but possibly invalidating your insurance in the event of an accident with rear passengers...

Pretty sure if you even managed to get 2 paceman seats in that they would be as wide as your present ones so no gain!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.