Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I saw my first f56 in the flesh today. Unfortunately, it was only a brief glimpse and I didn't have a chance to photograph it...

It was a Cooper S in Chilli Red, white roof and a panoramic sunroof.

It was about 1.15 pm, at the Sainsburys Bridgemead Petrol Station in Swindon. Which is of course the home of Mini Panel production. Presumably a pre release management car.

Anyway, more importantly, it looked fantastic! :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've seen two so far:

A volcanic orange Cooper a couple of weeks ago coming out of Newbury (30 miles South of Oxford).

Earlier this week I saw another volcanic orange MINI driving in the opposite direction just north of Winchester on the A34. The LED headlights looked absolutely fantastic and were very noticeable even though we were both driving at ~70mph.

Both cars weren't that far from Oxford so like you I've assumed that they were being driven by BMW/MINI employees.

I know that some dealerships have had the opportunity to drive the car in Madrid and journalists in Puerto Rico. I'm hoping that Top Gear will get UK access (if they're interested) whilst they're filming at the moment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know what you mean about Top Gear although I suspect we have missed out this series, following their article on the Fiesta and co last week. Although they made a big play about the 1 litre Ford engine, I reckon our 1.5 twin turbo trumps it in every way!

Plus you just know that Clarkson would have a go about the mini not being mini any more although the Hampster would love it!

A mate has also seen a volcanic orange f56 near Swindon.... So they are out there. The one I saw had no disguise and was wearing normal registration plates. I will try and gave a camera close to hand next time!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yes the two F56s that I've seen have been running on normal plates.

I'm still hoping on TG - they can film features during the live filming of the shows. So it could happen. Interestingly they haven't mentioned the car at all in the short news sections on each show, which is promising in terms of a greater focus on the MINI during the series.

I can see them liking the car but pulling silly faces as impressions of the front.

Yes, the 1.5-litre triple would clearly run circles around the others last weekend!

Have you ordered a third generation car?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep. We take delivery on the 16th April of a Cooper, volcanic orange, chilli, media XL and a few other bits. Very excited!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a feast of Mini's. Good work!

I am looking forward to seeing some 16" alloys. So far, I've not seen one with less than 17's and we will have 16's on our beauty!

·
Registered
125 Posts
This one was spotted at the Munich Airport. Its a 5 door, but now with a slant hatch as opposed to the panel van opening the original prototypes were wearing...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks all.

TylerD thanks for the interior shot. Despite there being literally thousands of F56 photos on the web, there are next to no photos of the half leather seats. I would expect these to be the most popular seats because of their inclusion in the Chili pack!

I suspect my first up close viewing of an F56 will be of my own...... delivery currently set for week beginning March 24.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know what you mean about the half leather. It is a bit like the 16" alloys!

Good to know that they are making their way to the dealers now!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks all.

TylerD thanks for the interior shot. Despite there being literally thousands of F56 photos on the web, there are next to no photos of the half leather seats. I would expect these to be the most popular seats because of their inclusion in the Chili pack!

I suspect my first up close viewing of an F56 will be of my own...... delivery currently set for week beginning March 24.....
no worries mate, found a few more for you as well...

does anyone know if the cloth tartan print can be selected in different colours?

·
Registered
360 Posts
thanks!

does anyone know if the cloth tartan print can be selected in different colours?
There are two versions of the tartan, but the black/black you've shown is the nicest on the eye. I've specified the dark cottonwood interior because I fell in love with the night shots with the cottonwood and all LED lighting in blue...

I just hope the cottonwood and tartan don't clash. It's really difficult to tell with 'camera' phone type photos.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I am a bit late in this thread but I finally saw another F56 in Montréal.

Sorry, wasn't VO. ;) It was Midnight Black.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts