Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a bit of a different thread but sort of Mini related :)

As i've spent the past 5 months off work due to ill health and furlough i've cleaned the car several times to the point i'll be through to the primer if i keep going ;) so i turned to the garage makeover for something to keep me occupied as we're all housebound at the mo.
This is a small single sectional garage (nothing fancy like most have), but i like to keep it tidy for detailing and general tinkering. I fitted the floor tiles approx 5 years ago but yesterday replaced some of the black with new red ones which sit just outside of the car so the tyres don't mark them :)
Silver units are Sealey (2 were wrapped silver to match), the top unit is off ebay, floor tiles as from Plasfloor, the worktop is moisture resistant flooring (same as walls) with a heavy duty rubber coin top covering and ali checkerplate splashbacks.

5 years ago

3 years ago

Today

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice 'Man Cave'. I see from your '3 years ago' shot, an original R1 photo. Assume it was yours? I had the same one, possibly the best motorbike ever built imho?

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice 'Man Cave'. I see from your '3 years ago' shot, an original R1 photo. Assume it was yours? I had the same one, possibly the best motorbike ever built imho?
Thanks, was too young to get insurance on a R1 back then (1999) so got a R6 (that's in pic). Had 19 bikes up till 3 years ago when i had to give them up due to problems caused by accident injuries, miss them but at least cars can still be fun.

·
Super Moderator
8,673 Posts
Superb-really must paint my garage floor-when i can get to the tip to get rid of some rubbish!!!! Nice bike-I just don't fit on them any more-swapped my Daytona for the KTM SMT!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ah, my eyesight let me down there! R6 a lovely bike too. The best thing about the R1 was it was one of the last on Carbs before FI took over. It was tractable from 30 to flat out in top gear, brilliant.

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Superb-really must paint my garage floor-when i can get to the tip to get rid of some rubbish!!!! Nice bike-I just don't fit on them any more-swapped my Daytona for the KTM SMT!
I tried different paints on the floor, the grey was a 2 part epoxy which was supposed to be durable but it still lifted with the tyres :( so i bit the bullet and bought the tiles. Great thing about tiles is you can lift them up and take them with you if you move, also easy to drag outside to power wash

·
Registered
Cooper S Works 210
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah, my eyesight let me down there! R6 a lovely bike too. The best thing about the R1 was it was one of the last on Carbs before FI took over. It was tractable from 30 to flat out in top gear, brilliant.
I kept looking for a 98/99 R1 when the insurance came down but there weren't many nice ones left a few years ago, most had been tracked or crashed - worth quite a bit now
The day i picked my R6 from the dealers my bro in law picked up his R1 from another dealer - i was a little envious till i realised i could still ride quicker than him :)
My last 6 or 7 bikes were sit up bikes as sports were to uncomfortable - 3 Triumph Street Tripple Rs, CB1000R, etc - just as quick as a sports bike on country roads (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts