Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, had a bit of time off last week and used it getting the mini up to standard, didn't have masses of spare time so no real befores (that are any good, Iphone doesn't like taking pictures with the brinmann on the paint and im no photographer) so pretty much all afters. First time using a coating and was a touch nervous, I started with the snow foam and the 2BM, then onto Decontamination, started with AS Fallout on the wheels and used Iron X on the paint, Tardis next although very little signs of any.
Paint polishing was done via my new Flex 3401 VRG and the LC Backing pad, Scholl S17 and pads were Sonus SFX Polishing and LC HT polishing pads, removed all the swirls and took all but the deepest marks away. also left the finish in excellent condition, I was more than happy with the finish.
after wiping down with Prep, I applied Gyeon Prime and checked with the brinkmann when buffing off. I went for the larger bottle and also used it for the alloys and exhaust. The windows received Gyeon View and the plastics Gyeon Trim.

Gyeon Trim 50:50

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
That's a snappy looking car! Great job!

JP

Reactions: Christian6984

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Let us know what you think of GYEON Trim....not tried it but keen to hear how durable it is. These plastic trims are a detailer's OCD nightmare!

I'm loving the GYEON Wetcoat in the winter (now that I'm happy with the wax protection levels), a cheats way to great beading!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let us know what you think of GYEON Trim....not tried it but keen to hear how durable it is. These plastic trims are a detailer's OCD nightmare!

I'm loving the GYEON Wetcoat in the winter (now that I'm happy with the wax protection levels), a cheats way to great beading!
Very impressed with the Gyeon products very simple, there's products you can apply faster but they won't last. I used to cheat with Gtechniq c2v3 or Sonax Bsd. Spray, wipe n buff :). I'll try to keep you updated. I used less than half of the 30 ml bottle which is quite something on the mini with those huge black arches.

Yes would like to know how it lasts.certainly looks good when applied .
I'll try my best to update, was a bit more sticky and didn't seem as easy to wipe and spread as Gtechniq C4 but it looks stunning and beads water like the paint. Very Impressed so far.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Love those photos ^^^^^^^^^^ Looks kinda Christmassy! I'll have to see if I can take a photo like that of my VO (but rubbish photos would probably be down to my photographic skills rather than rubbish beading!)

Nice to know you've got some GYEON left for touching up if you need it. I'm keen to see how it compares to Nanolex (that I applied this week) if it sees me to the Spring, I'll be pleased.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Love those photos ^^^^^^^^^^ Looks kinda Christmassy! I'll have to see if I can take a photo like that of my VO (but rubbish photos would probably be down to my photographic skills rather than rubbish beading!)

Nice to know you've got some GYEON left for touching up if you need it. I'm keen to see how it compares to Nanolex (that I applied this week) if it sees me to the Spring, I'll be pleased.
Thank You, was taken with the iphone, usually doesnt do good pictures in the dark, the ipad i have is newer and takes much better pictures. which Nanolex product have you gone for?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
UPDATE, Mini was looking a bit sorry for itself as days off were freezing and clocked up around 5-600 miles, safe to say the dirt was lifted very easily with nothing more than snowfoam and shampoo of with both are PH safe. The coating allowed the trim to look as new and beads like the paint, I took many pictures of the alloys to show just what an improvement can be made down to the protection without even touching the alloys. Im very impressed and seems to help keep the car cleaner that bit longer.

IMG_0741 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0742 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0744 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0740 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0745 by christian6984, on Flickr

After Just a Powewash, havent touch the wheel at all.
IMG_0748 by christian6984, on Flickr

Sprayed some snowfoam and hot water on and allowed to soak before powerwashing off....
IMG_0754 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0749 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0750 by christian6984, on Flickr

still untouched at this point....
IMG_0751 by christian6984, on Flickr

beading nicely after being washed
IMG_0753 by christian6984, on Flickr

car after wash....
IMG_0755 by christian6984, on Flickr

IMG_0756 by christian6984, on Flickr

Trim is beading and looked just like when applied
IMG_0759 by christian6984, on Flickr

Untitled by christian6984, on Flickr

Untitled by christian6984, on Flickr

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks very effective.might have to try it.
Seems very easy stuff although bit more time consuming than waxes and sealants but if it lasts over a year ill be more than happy, its my test project and i know november was less than ideal conditions to do it in but glad for the practice and if theres no option to keep it it'll go back in better condition that when i picked it up. Was pleasantly surprised as i used left over prime (for paint) on the wheels and normally the dedicated wheel coatings are suppose to be a touch tougher down to wheels getting lots of stick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts