Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've purchased a Mini Cooper D that I'm due to pick up next month. Very upset as I start teaching at the same time so won't have a lot of time to enjoy the car too much!

I have a question regarding the configuration. I've purchased the 'Pepper Pack' which when I look online and in the brochure comes with the 'Excitement Pack'. Reading up on this, it states that within the 'excitement pack' comes the various lighting options for the interior. However further down on my options on the paper copy of my contract it states 'based interior lights package - orange'.

Will I be getting the different colours as part of the 'excitement package' within the pepper package or just the standard orange? Ideally I'd like the former but I think now the order has been put in I can't really do anything about it!

I've tried using the 'my online configuration' to see whether that answers any questions, but alas it doesn't. The only other thing I can do is contact the dealer, but I don't want to sound like an idiot...

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
159 Posts
First welcome Rybeast, to the forum... I'm guess you're in the UK? Different export markets have different configurations.

It was the case I believe, that the Pepper Pack included the excitement pack including the interior lighting with different colour/cycling option. My late 2014 Cooper Pepper Pack has it. This I think changed and the Pepper Pack has the basic lighting package in orange now. I checked the configurator and that is as its shown; basic orange interior lighting for Pepper Pack (Cooper D).

Don't be worried about talking to your dealer you won't sound like an idiot. However it's their job to know and keep you informed. Unfortunately not all sales people are fully aware of the different build specs, it varies a lot from dealer to dealer.

Also depending on how far its advanced in the scheduling before build process it may still be able to change the build spec. - worth finding out - unless you have already been told the build date is imminent?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First welcome Rybeast, to the forum... I'm guess you're in the UK? Different export markets have different configurations.

It was the case I believe, that the Pepper Pack included the excitement pack including the interior lighting with different colour/cycling option. My late 2014 Cooper Pepper Pack has it. This I think changed and the Pepper Pack has the basic lighting package in orange now. I checked the configurator and that is as its shown; basic orange interior lighting for Pepper Pack (Cooper D).

Don't be worried about talking to your dealer you won't sound like an idiot. However it's their job to know and keep you informed. Unfortunately not all sales people are fully aware of the different build specs, it varies a lot from dealer to dealer.

Also depending on how far its advanced in the scheduling before build process it may still be able to change the build spec. - worth finding out - unless you have already been told the build date is imminent?
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure I've made myself clear in my previous post.

My configuration paperwork has the 'pepper package' with which the 'excitement pack' is a part of. So the car I have got should have the excitement package included as part of the pepper package. Online configuration tools confirm that the items included in the pepper pack are as follows:

Alloy wheels,
Sports leather steering wheel,
Front fog lights,
On-board computer,
Passenger seat height adjuster,
Storage compartment pack,
Dual air-con,
Basic interior lights (orange),
Floor mats,
Rain sensor,
Mini excitement pack.

If I follow the hyperlink by clicking the 'excitement pack' I get the following information:
Mini said:
The MINI Excitement package includes door area lighting on either side, making it easier to find the door handle in the dark. In the interior, the toggle bar in the ceiling offers a choice of 12 colours, meaning the Ambient Light feature can create up to 255 different colour nuances. There is also a storage compartment hidden behind the decorative surface of the instrument panel.
So the pepper pack includes the basic interior lights AND the mini excitement pack, so I'm assuming and hoping that the basic interior lights are what it says - basic included with the pepper package, and the mini excitement pack adds more to this basic pack.

Would that be right or wrong?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure I've made myself clear in my previous post.

My configuration paperwork has the 'pepper package' with which the 'excitement pack' is a part of. So the car I have got should have the excitement package included as part of the pepper package. Online configuration tools confirm that the items included in the pepper pack are as follows:

Alloy wheels,
Sports leather steering wheel,
Front fog lights,
On-board computer,
Passenger seat height adjuster,
Storage compartment pack,
Dual air-con,
Basic interior lights (orange),
Floor mats,
Rain sensor,
Mini excitement pack.

If I follow the hyperlink by clicking the 'excitement pack' I get the following information:

So the pepper pack includes the basic interior lights AND the mini excitement pack, so I'm assuming and hoping that the basic interior lights are what it says - basic included with the pepper package, and the mini excitement pack adds more to this basic pack.

Would that be right or wrong?
My recent purchase order also shows Basic Interior lights (orange) but I got the excitement pack with the chili pack I ordered. The excitement pack gives you the extra lighting (ambient) so yours should have it as well, as you rightly say the Pepper pack adds the excitement lighting as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.