Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that the JCW configurator now has the Track Spoke wheels as the standard (in silver) with only options to have black (same wheel) or cup spoke 18" alloys... The Race Spoke is no longer an option (at least in UK)

A bit of a shame as it's my favorite wheel on the JCW even though hardly anyone chooses it... Hardly seen many images of cars with the Race Spoke fitted :(

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Those are great looking wheels wish I could find a used set. Of Course if I want a set I would have to order them thru the Dealer and they are $$$ what translates into a nice down payment for my next Mini:(:(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice wheels indeed. Only been looking at JCW since June and they are not available on the site or dealer. I hated the regular 17' track spoke so had to just bite my tongue and order with cup spoke 18' option... It arrives Saturday!!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I wish MINI had made a classic style multi spoke wheel in silver to fit the F56 JCW....as it was in 2015 the only great looking wheel imo was the cup spokes. The track spokes in silver looked great online on the configurator but when I saw photos of them when cars started popping up on Autotrader I switched to the cup spokes & I'm glad I did...I actually think the race spokes look better in person than on the configurator (but honestly, they still are too small). A silver multi spoke wheel in 18" dia would look proper! I guess we all have our opinions, but the F56 just needs larger diameter wheels than 17"s.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I wanted those for mine, but when I came to order late April '16 they were no longer available :(

·
Registered
217 Posts
Here is a picture of the current wheel options for Japan...

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guess you guys in Japan still have this wheel as an option which is nice! :D

I wonder if they are discontinuing the wheel and now just getting rid of surplus stock in certain countries!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You are lucky if you have roads that allow 18" wheel with really low profile tyres, where I live my back would have gone by now..
Ha! I try to avoid potholes, but unavoidable sometimes. I have a bad back also, but the ride is really fine....better than expected & I have runflats too! I'd probably be more hesitant running the ACS 19"s with 35 aspect ratio tires though...they do look sweet however! ;-)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Just got some new boots in preparation for JCW brake kit install as my Cosmos wheels won't fit over the brakes!

They are still convex in design but not as pronounced as the Track and Cup spoke OEM wheels made for the JCW.

For those interested, these wheels offer 19mm more brake caliper clearance compared to the Cosmos design wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.