Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you have a phone that supports NFC actions, like many Android phones, you can have your phone programmed to do a number of things by touching the keyfob to the phone.

For example, if you tap your keyfob against the phone, you can have the phone launch a music or navigation app, turn off your ringer, and turn bluetooth on.

This is only an example, many NFC programs let you script whatever you want.

·
Registered
235 Posts
If you have a phone that supports NFC actions, like many Android phones, you can have your phone programmed to do a number of things by touching the keyfob to the phone.

For example, if you tap your keyfob against the phone, you can have the phone launch a music or navigation app, turn off your ringer, and turn bluetooth on.

This is only an example, many NFC programs let you script whatever you want.

And to old people.............what does all this mean.

·
Registered
998 Posts
It means dont bother, you wont be able to work it :D

I got one and gave it back, it only works with Android but nothing in the car works on Android so its pointless. Ios doesnt recognise NFC

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good explanation! Now I understand :D I have a samsung s4 mini, so I can try this function ;)Thanks!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you have the instructions about how to mount it on the key? Thanks ;-)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Do you have the instructions about how to mount it on the key? Thanks ;-)
They come in the box, but it's pretty straightforward:

- on the back of the key, you'll see a little notch to the right of the "M" in MINI.
- Using a plastic wedge, if you have one, or a screwdriver if you must (it will tear the back up); pry off the cover in the back.
- once the cover is off, the cap comes off pretty easy, just pull, then slide the new one on until it clicks
- reinstall the rear cover

I used a small screwdriver and I tried to wrap it in plastic wrap and paper, but I still ended up marring the slot. If you have a plastic spudger tool (usually used to dismantle electronics) that would be preferable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts