Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Newbie question here...

In my previous car I had regular trips to the garage to check and pump the tyres but they now charge 50p per go to use the air.

I was looking at buying a compressor for use at home but then noticed there's a small one in the boot...

Can I use the Mini Mobility Pack Compressor in the boot to check and pump up the tyres on a regular basis?

Anyone else tried this?

Thanks

Neil

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
i can 't imagine it is good enough quality to use on a regular basis but you could try; i simply bought a good stand mounted bike pump; it's great and easy wiht a built in guage!

·
Super Moderator
8,831 Posts
Sounds good then.personally the time taken to get it plugged in and staffing with words means I do it manually. Checked every other week each tyre rarely needs more than a couple of pumps!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Sounds good then.personally the time taken to get it plugged in and staffing with words means I do it manually. Checked every other week each tyre rarely needs more than a couple of pumps!
This reminds me as not done mine for sometime :|

Also annoyed as no plug in the boot anymore!

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's meant to inflate your tyre so I guess it will be usable for regular checks and pump some air in the tyre when it's needed.

I have a big air compressor in my garage and I use it also to dry my wheels, brakes and between the panels of the car after I wash it. They hardly cost anything anymore if you don't need a professional one. I can recommend one for all kind of use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.