Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encountered the following problem - when I sync my iPhone and try to navigate to an address associated with a contact, the navigation system does not recognize Ontario addresses - it adds unknown in front of the city and the province, e.g. "unknown: ONTARIO", "unknown: WINDSOR". This makes the "Start Navigation" option disabled unless you manually edit the address and re-enter the province and the city. There is no problem with US addresses - the navigation system recognizes those addresses and "Start Navigation" is readily available. Has anybody experienced the same issue?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I found the on board navigation unreliable for address entry and address not showing accurate results.

I use Mini Journey Mate app on iPhone for address entry and look up Bussiness its much reliable and quick. The only draw back, you have to plug your phone to the USB to transfer the address back to the onboard navigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much Oyepresidente. I tried both Mini Connected apps and they do the trick. It's very unfortunate that you have to plug in the phone to the USB in order to transfer the information provided that the phone is already connected with Bluetooth. Obviously BMW software is not as good as their cars. It would've been so much easier if they have incorporated CarPlay in the system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found one thing that prevents Canadian address recognition - it is the interval in the middle of the postal code. I removed this interval in few addresses in my iPhone contact list and now the Mini navigation system recognizes those as valid addresses and "Start Navigation" option is enabled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts